Ch. 5: The Rebel

We pulled into my driveway to find Imogen and Adam sitting on my porch. Imogen nudged Adam who seemed to be falling asleep and pointed at us. Adam looked at us and smiled. I opened the car door.

"Blair!" Imogen screamed she bounced into my arms.

"Imogen, no!" I tried my hardest to keep us both from falling but the pressure on my ankle was too much.

Plow!!

Adam and Eli covered their mouths.

"Imogen, there's something called personal space." I quivered. Imogen looked at me.

"Oh, I forgot about the ankle." She lifted off of me, and helped me up.

"So are you ready to unpack?" Adam wondered.

"Yeah, how come you guys didn't let yourselves in. It's hot as heck out here."

"You see us Canadians are like vampires, we aren't allowed in unless we're invited." Eli explained.

"And we didn't see your car here so we just waited." Adam added.

"You guys could've knocked at the door; my mom probably would've let you in." I continued.

Imogen stared at Adam.

"Yeah we started to, but Imogen was too shy."

"You weren't shy when you met me, you shouldn't be shy to talk to my mom." I laughed. "She's just an older version of me."

I leaped to my door, inserted the key and went inside. I watched as Imogen, Adam and Eli stood by the door.

"Come inside!" I ordered.

They followed me inside. "Wow your house is big." Eli said.

I walked up the stairs to find Brian standing there. "You're late."

"Awesome." I pushed him out of the way and slammed my door shut.

"Who was he?" Adam said, as he looked around.

"My evil stepfather."

Imogen went through my suitcase and dumped everything out. "We'll this room isn't going to decorate itself."

"Wait, how are we going to decorate a room if there's no furniture?" Adam said looking around.

"You're right." I agreed. "I'll go furniture shopping later, can we just go to The Dot."

Everyone nodded; we went downstairs and piled up in Eli's hearse.

We pulled up at The Dot.

"So what do you guys do here?" I asked, looking at the place.

"We just hangout, sometimes we do homework." Imogen said from the back seat. I glanced at her to find her grinning at me.

"We're not going to play that game again Imogen." I giggled.

We opened the doors of The Dot and took seats by the window. I looked into Eli's deep green pair of eyes. "You have pretty eyes." I said to him. He blinked at me then looked me straight into my brown eyes.

"Not as pretty as yours." Eli smiled.

"I got us some smoothies!" Imogen shouted attracting the attention of everyone in the place. "Eli I got your favorite; Banana and Strawberry." She said handing him a smoothie.

"Blair I thought you might like this." Adam handed me a smoothie. "It's lemonade and strawberry."

"Awe thanks Adam." I acknowledged.