Ch. 1: A New Day

"Blair, I don't care how many times you unpack we're still moving." Mom said, as she snatched my teddy bear out of my hands and shoved it into the box full of all my stuff. "Look on the bright side we're moving into a new country, you'll be able to meet new friends, attend a whole different school full of unique and awesome people. You'll probably even meet your prince charming you've been dreaming about." She giggled.

"Mom, was that supposed to make me feel better?" I asked wiping the tear that just fell from my eyes also getting slightly annoyed.

"Honey I'm home!" My stepfather entered the house with a huge smile on his face. "I got the moving truck outside, are you ready to go?" He rubbed his short stubby fingers through his stringy black hair.

I looked around the house, nothing but suitcases piled by the door.

"Yes Brian," She answered. "Where's Nikki?"

"Right here mommy." My little sister came out of her room and sprung into my mom's arms. "Are you sure we have to move?"

My mother nodded at her then at me.

"Well, how was your last day at Montclair High?" Brian asked trying to earn an A+ at talking to his stepdaughter.

"Why do you care?" I sassed, rolling my deep brown pair of eyes at his stale set of brown eyes.

Mom looked at me almost as if she got scared. "I'm sure it went great honey." She butted in. "Who's ready to go to Canada?"

My little sister tried to raise her hand but surprisingly her tiny 5 year old fingers got stuck in her long black hair. We threw our suitcases into the UHAUL moving truck then drove away from the house.

2 days later...

We arrived at this gigantic house almost like a mansion. You know those types of houses where all the spoiled rich girls live, yeah this is the house. I jumped out of the truck and slowly walked into it.

"So how do you like it?" Brian asked.

To be honest with you I really don't like mansions but this one I actually liked.

"I love it, I'm picking my room." I smirked then walked up stairs.

"Did Blair just say she loves the house?" Mom said trying to comprehend things. "Yes, I believe she did" He laughed.

"Mom, I'm having the room with the bathroom in it." I screamed from upstairs.

"Okay, anything that'll make you happy Princess Blair!" she shouted.

Nikki followed me into my room.

"Mom told me to tell you we have school tomorrow." She said softly then skipped into another room that she wanted.

I raced downstairs. "What school am I going to?" I interrogated.

"Degrassi. From what the principal told me it seems like you will have an excellent junior year there. And if I were you I would take a long shower, you're starting to smell like you've been on your period for ages without changing your pad." Mom joked. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Brian chuckling.

"Ha-Ha-Ha very funny, I've heard so much about that school. One time they were having some type of Vegas Night or something and some kid brought a knife. You really want me to go there?"

Mom rolled her eyes.

"Where did you hear that lie at?"

"The newspaper!"

"Wow, and to think a 17 year old girl like you would read the newspaper." She smirked.

"I like to be informed about what happens in different countries." I said lifting an eyebrow.

I ran upstairs and into the bathroom, I lifted my left arm to see how bad I smelt. Eww mom was right I need to soak my body for a about an hour or two. I ran the bathwater and went back into my room and started picking out what I'm going to wear. I went into my suitcase and pulled out an Aztec crop top, light blue denim shorts, my red T strap sandals, and a dream catcher necklace.

I sat my Indian outfit on my bed and hopped into the bathtub.