Ch. 4: Hearses & Hospitals

I sat in the hearse. Like oh my god, is this right? I feel like im worshipping Satan or something.

I watched as Eli got into the car.

"So what kind of car is this?" I asked acting like I was stupid.

He looked at me as he shut the car door. "It's not a car, it's a hearse."

"Oh i'm sorry what kind of hearse is this."

"I don't know; it's just a hearse." Eli started it up.

"You should make sure there isn't anyone lying on the ground before you back up." I laughed earning a D+ on trying to make him laugh along. "You have a pretty hearse."

No response...

We pulled out of the parking lot of Degrassi.

"How long have you had the hearse?"

No response...

"You know if you-

Eli turned on the radio.

No you did not just interrupt me when I was speaking! I've had it, the next time someone cuts me off when im talking will get punched in the face.

I turned off the radio.

"I was listening to-

"I don't give a flying piece of crap you are going to listen to me."

"What?" He said starting to get annoyed.

I stared at him with a pitch red face. "Eli, are you mad at me?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Are you?" I asked again

He turned the radio back on. And I turned it back off.

"Would you stop doing that? you suicidal freak!"

He said what now?

"Why are you calling me a suicidal freak I wasn't even trying to kill myself?" I started to cry.

Most emotional person on the planet award goes to... Blair Willows!

"It seemed like you were, you wanted me to run you over." He said softly.

"Are you crazy?" I screamed.

What happened to Eli, it seemed like he changed out of the random blue.

He looked at me. "I'm not crazy I'm Bipolar!" He screamed back.

Oh, why didn't you just say so?

"Thank you for taking me to the hospital, that's what good friends do." I said as we arrived at a stoplight.I turned the radio back on. "I'm sorry that I yelled; you should put me out of the hearse."

He broke out in laughter.

"No I'm serious." I went on.

"I just need to take my meds... fast. I don't want to have another scene like that with you ever again."

I just wanted to hug him, but I didn't want to interfere with his driving. Screw it I'm hugging the crap out of this boy.

I put my head on his lap. That is considered hugging where I come from.

He put his hand on my head and fiddled with my hair.

I thought about Dexten, Zoey and Keke, My old bestfriends. Dexten would play with my hair, Zoey and I would end up in some type of argument just like me and Eli did. And Keke was bipolar she would get emotional for no reason. The truth is I miss them.