Ch. 3: I Just Wanted To Prove My Point

We entered the lunchroom with all eyes on us.

"Is Eli dating the new girl?"

"How does Eli get with someone that quick?"

My ears twitched as people from different tables were staring at Eli and I. Then I finally realized why they were saying those things, my hand was still bundled up with his.

Question number two: Should I let go?

Once again, I ignored it and the voices. "I'll get your lunch for you if you want me too." Eli offered I just couldn't get my ears off of the gossiping people.

"Blair?" Eli snapped a couple times with his free hand in my face.

"Hold that thought Eli." I let go of his hand and went into the center of the cafeteria.

"Here she goes again!" Imogen said to Eli. He looked confused but Imogen, she caught on to what I was doing.I stepped onto a table, fiddled with my hair and took a deep breath.

"Hey, my name is Blair Willows; I am currently a junior here at Degrassi. I am also not dating anybody; I mean can a girl and a guy be friends? Just because you see me holding hands with someone doesn't technically mean I am dating that person-

"Yeah it does!" Fitz shouted from his table filled with delinquents. I rolled my eyes at him. "But you're still hot." One of his friends yelled.Everyone started laughing, but that's not going to stop me from finishing what I have to say.

"Whatever, boys and girls can be friends without kissing, or hugging?"

"That's right, I agree with her." I boy from the jock's table stood up with me he had short brown hair almost like Eli's but lighter. He had smiled at me.

"Thank you," I said. Adam and Eli helped me off the table.

"Something is telling me she's going to make a change here in Degrassi." Adam giggled.

Imogen hugged me and of course I hugged her back. "As I was saying, I'll get your lunch for you." Eli continued.

"Okay." I said struggling to remove Imogen from me.

Adam grabbed Imogen and we finally took our seats, Eli returned with two trays filled with pepperoni pizza. We enjoyed our slices as a boy approached our table.

"Hey, you're Blair right." That boy said to us. Eli glanced at Adam then back at him.

"The one and only." I laughed. "You should sit here."

He laughed along and took a seat right next to me.

"I'm Drew by the way." He grabbed my hand and shook it. "I was accused of dating a girl just because I helped her pick up her books after she dropped them. What kind of messed up shit is that?" He explained

I nodded. "Messed up all the way, see what people need to understand is that they shouldn't judge a book by its cover they should judge it by the pages of that story; if that made sense."

Drew put his arm on my shoulder. "That made perfect sense."

Imogen winked at me, Adam ignored our whole conversation and Eli didn't seem too happy with Drew's attempt on flirting with me.

"So how do you like Degrassi so far Blair?" Eli asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I said to Simpson. I really like it here, if the people didn't have staring problems." I said to Eli.

"Yeah we Degrassians have a problem with that especially when you're your belly and booty is hanging out." He smirked. Drew, Imogen and Adam all laughed as I looked down at my outfit.