Anxiety

Valerie's appalled look turned into an annoyed one. Her lips curled into a slight frown, showing a crease in her forehead, "Well we don't permit loitering. Sorry ladies, but you're taking up seats from someone that could be using them."

Shelby burst into laughing, before raising from her seat, "Excuse me for not noticing the overcrowded line behind you." Looking past Valerie, Shelby waved at the air, "we're so sorry we didn't see you, we're moving."

Shelby scooted Bristle over, until she was out of the booth standing face to face with Valerie. Shoving the menus at Valerie's chest, she shook her head, "Ever flirt with my boyfriend again, you'll get worse, bitch."

Just like that she pushed past Valerie and made her way out of the restaurant. Shocked and confused Valerie held the menus to her chest while blinking several times. Cammi stood up then patting her on the chest, "This is why I'm not friends with her. She's effin psycho." She too then made her way out.

Still flabbergasted by Shelby's actions, Bristle dug into her bag and pulled out a wrinkled ten dollar bill. Placing it on the table, she told Valerie, "Consider this a tip."

Michelle shook her head in disgust and repeated Bristle's actions. Walking past Valerie, Michelle commented, "Can't believe she did that."

"I can," and Bristle was right, she knew she could, "It's Shelby."

Outside of the diner Cammi stood next to her car while Shelby stood by hers. Neither girls made eye contact with one another, too busy on their phones. Michelle again shook her head. Bristle could see how that hurt her. She knew out of all of them, Michelle yearned for the reunion more than anymore.

Seeing how Shelby was to that girl, Bristle wasn't sure that'd ever happen for Michelle.

Cammi hurried off her phone and made her way towards Michelle and Bristle. Her steps were hastened and her expression held boredom. Of course she'd be over the situation already, it didn't involve drugs.

Bristle had heard how much Cammi was into hardcore drugs, not just weed. That's why Bristle assumed Cammi's thin pink lips were two shades darker than when they were friends.

"Alright, so since smarty over there can't find the phone, what do we do?" Cammi questioned.

"We make another visit to Lei. She can tell us where it is and then we'll have the photos developed and show them to the police," Michelle suggested.

That was a solid plan to Bristle.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Cammi asked, "Why aren't we anyways? That'd be the most logical thing ever."

"Because you idiot," Shelby said joining the group, "we'll look like desperate idiots. These high school level notes can't be traced. No one will believe us, they'll think we made the whole thing up. Just let Michelle lead us."

Michelle sent a big smile Shelby's way. She mouthed, 'thank you,' before turning her attention to Cammi.

"Then what do we do?" Cammi asked after a few moments.

"Someone gives me a ride to visit Lei tomorrow. Long story short, I'm grounded, my car privileges have been revoked, because of Bristle's uncle and a not-so-solid lie."

Bristle's heart plummets. Her insides began to boil. Not only did that bring on more sweat but some anger to top it off. She wasn't even able to react because Shelby gave an ungovernable expression before sharply exhaling, "What the hell? Why?"

Michelle's body tensed, "He saw me enter the juvi on his way to see your...dad, Bristle."

Floored by the mention of her father and at the same time angry that her uncle ratted on Michelle, she felt the same way she did years ago. Of all uncles why did it have to be hers? Suppressing the urge to demand a ride to her house and chew her uncle out, Bristle took deep breaths. He couldn't just mind his business and visit her dad, could he?