Before It's Too Late

Making a duckface, Shelby applied more light pink lipstick to her already glossed lips. She pressed them together twice and winked at herself in the rearview mirror. Shutting off her car, Shelby confidently made her way out.

Before continuing her walk to the store, she perked her boobs and smirked. With a lick of her lips, she knew that outfit would drive Hayes insane.

She purposely wore a white, off the shoulder laced, cropped blouse with short denim shorts. She styled her hair in a cute lazy bun and wore black pumps. Her makeup was carefully done. Shelby only wore makeup for special occasions, but to make Hayes jealous, Shelby applied mascara, eyeliner, blush, concealer, etc. If someone named it, she'd say yup. It was that serious to her.

Hayes hurt her and now she was going to make him regret that dumb ass decision.

"Should I even ask?" one of the workers asked.

Shelby laughed at her classmate Gwen. She was wheeling a few shopping carts back to the front. Her bright red shirt shining through the night setting. That was something Shelby loved. She loved seeing those red dots when she made trips to the store late at night.

"Oh girl, I'm on the prowl. You know me." Shelby laughed.

Gwen shook her head, laughing as well. "And whoever in there pissed you off, is going to regret. Go make em' regret it."

That was why Shelby always talked to Gwen in P.E. Gwen was one of the most laidback girls in their town. If Shelby were lesbian, Gwen would definitely be an eye candy of hers. "You know me well."

With a removal of two fingers from her forehead, bidding Gwen a farewell, Shelby strutted her way to the entrance of Grocer's Pride. Few people were pouring out, each staring at her longer than they should, but she didn't care. She enjoyed the attention.

Hopefully they were admiring her appearance and not her strong perfume scent. She went a little overboard with the bottle. Oh well, she needed every enforcement she could wield.

Haye's was definitely going to think twice about allowing a twat like Cammi disrespect her.

When she made her way into the brightly illuminated store, her eyes immediately went in search for Hayes's. Everyone continued on with their dull shopping excursion or job. Thank God, Shelby enjoyed her job. She would hate to have to work somewhere her heart wasn't in.

Grabbing a red shopping cart, Shelby slowly made her way to the fruit and vegetable section of the store. Being on the lookout for Hayes, she also was in pursuit of something else. She needed more fruit, she was running low.

Unlike the rest of her family, Shelby made a pledge to go vegan. After seeing a documentary on animal cruelty, Shelby felt sick and knew what she needed to do. She decided to stop eating all meats and dairy products. At first no one believed her, not even Hayes. They claimed she was too committed to food to give it up. That only fueled her determination to stop.

It took Shelby six months to become a full vegan and ever since, she had noticed a change in herself. She was more positive-sort of and energetic. Also proving her family wrong was just the icing on the cake.

While she was rounding herself a load of bananas her phone rang. Dropping the bananas back into its designated section, Shelby pulled her phone from her bra. Her sister was calling. Answering, she questioned. "What do you want?"

"Where are you?" Her sister replied.

Shelby tiredly exhaled. Before she left, she told Serena where she was going. Of course it would be like Serena to play stupid. "The store. What do you want?"