Chapter 19

"This is her?" Arlo heard Liv say behind him.

Alona didn't say anything she just stared at the bleach blonde girl. Her chest was basically popping out of her tank top. Her eyes were golden like Arlo's, and her canine teeth were longer than normal. Alona assumed she was also a Volkov.

Arlo's hands balled into fists. Alona caught his eyes for a moment, it was clear he did not want this girl near him.

The blonde pulled out a chair and sat down next to Arlo.

"Aren't you going to introduce us, Arlo?" She laid her hands on Arlo's arm, the entire time she had her eyes on Alona. Arlo stared at her hand on his arm.

Alona almost laughed. This girl was obviously unaware of the flames billowing from Arlo's eyes. Alona was starting to get worried. She fully believed Arlo was capable of ripping arms off and she was worried she was about to find out.

"I'm Alona." Alona said politely.

"Hello, I'm Liv. So where are you from? Why were you in the castle? How in the world did you manage to catch the attention of Arlo?" She laughed and rubbed Arlo's arm, which only seemed to make him angrier.

This girl was not giving up easily. Alona could see why Arlo didn't like her.

"Liv. Get fucking lost." Arlo was seething.

Alona wondered what Liv had done to earn Arlo's hatred.

"Honey, we are trying to have girl talk. I heard you were in the king's bed." She winked at Alona and laughed. She rubbed Arlo's arm.

Alona grit her teeth.

"I will only tell you once more. Leave or I will make you." Arlo removed her hands from his arm.

She stood up and shoved her chair into the table. The bang made the room fall silent. It disrupted the serene vibes.

Alona watched as Liv walked out of the room. She was obviously used to having her way.

Arlo sat still. Staring at the table between them.

Alona was afraid to speak. She knew what Arlo was capable when he was angry. There was no way she would push him.

He stood suddenly. Alona jerked from surprise.

He laid a card on the table. "We're staying the night here. Room 35. Jonas would only give me one room. Space is limited." He turned around and left her and his tray of food. 

Alona was left with random stares as she ate her food.

----

She walked down the hallway trying to find their room. 

The quiet hallway reminded her of the Meg nightmare.

Her thoughts were filled with images of Meg's blackened eyes. She shivered. She wished someone would walk down the hallway, anyone.

It didn't help that the lights flickered every couple of minutes or so. She stared at the room numbers.

She felt the hairs on her neck stand up. She was freaking out.

She walked by 24. Then 26. Then 28.

Arlo's room was 35. She checked the room numbers across the hall.

29. 31. 33.

35. Finally. She stared at the door.

She wondered why Arlo hated Liv so much.

She slid the card and turned the handle. She pushed into the room quickly and closed the door.

She walked into the room. Alona could hear the sink running.