Chapter 8

The hospital security threw Arlo into a holding cell. Arlo had to get out of here, he would never allow himself to be turned over to the King, or the Castle Guard.

He should have forced the pilot to keep flying instead of dropping the injured at this hospital. He knew this would happen. The hospital was located outside the Castle. It was supposed to be a neutral place where anyone could receive care, but that was not how it worked anymore. The Castle Guard had planted soldiers throughout the hospital. It was all about control for the King.

Two male "nurses" were stationed outside his cell. He knew that they were actually Castle Guards. He looked at the glowing bars, he could easily escape. They underestimated him and that would be where they went wrong.

He contemplated helping the girl. She would be sent back to the kingdom, then raped and killed. 

He took a deep breath, knowing what he had to do.

----

The doctor argued angrily with the nurse. Alona laid on her side, barely conscious of what was happening. She coughed, trying to clear her dry throat. She lifted her head and looked for a glass of water. When she didn't find it she remembered she had thrown it. She groaned.

The nurse shook her head and stormed out of the room. The doctor stood alone with one hand rubbing his temples and the other on his hip.

Alona didn't remember what had happened. Her mind was fuzzy and she felt weak, as though she could fall asleep at any moment.

There was shouting outside the open door, then an alarm and a red light inside the room began flashing. The doctor ran outside the room, searching for someone who could explain what was happening. Alona struggled to fully wake up, next time she would think about the consequences of drinking a random liquid given to her by strangers, even those in a profession.

The doctor was thrown back into the room. He stumbled back onto the bed Alona laid on. Alona sat straight up at the sudden violence. Her head was pounding. The blaring alarms and flashing red lights didn't help her aching head. The doctor stared out the door anticipating the approaching footsteps.

Arlo walked through the door. He had a large, black gun in his hands and a green backpack on his back.

Alona slid off the bed and crouched beside the small bedside cabinet, hoping he would ignore her.

"I will not go back." Arlo yelled. "And I'm taking the girl."

The doctor started to protest but Arlo ignored him. Alona heard him coming around the bed. Her heart began beating faster, she pulled her knees to her chest.

"Come on." He ordered her, glancing at the doorway.

"Leave me alone." She said angrily. She was honestly afraid of him, but pretending to be strong was one of her hobbies.

He didn't answer. He leaned down and grabbed her arm, dragging her out of the corner. She pulled back but it was no use. This guy was too strong, not to mention she was beaten and her mind was still hazy. 

"Hey!" She yelled, jerking at his grasp. She managed to grab her bag before he pulled her through the doorway. 

Alona glanced back into the room, the doctor's face was stunned. 

"You realize what is going to happen?" Arlo said aiming his gun down the next hallway.

"No." She replied following closely behind him.

Arlo led her through the hallway, "They were going to send you back to the Castle." 

Alona limped behind him, thinking over her choices; she could try and run or she could stick with Arlo and possibly escape later on.