Chapter 7

She woke up in the hospital again.

She looked around the room, she noticed it was a lot less high tech than where she was last time. The door actually had a handle this time. She hopped out of bed. Pain shot through her right ankle.

"When did this happen?" She asked herself. She didn't remember hurting her ankle.

She limped over to the door and twisted the handle. It was locked.

"Damn." She whispered.

"Going somewhere?" Someone asked from behind her.

She gasped and turned around, her eyes searching the room.

"N-no." She managed to answer.

A figure stepped into the light. It was the man who had rescued her.

She hobbled back over to the bed. She sat on the bed, waiting for him to explain. When he didn't she asked, "Where am I?"

"You, miss, are in the city of Treeon." He opened a curtain behind him and gazed outside.

"Where?" She asked, confused. 

"Treeon. Built in an aquifer under..." He was cut off by her sudden movement.

She jumped out of the bed and limped to the window. Panic rose steadily in her as she listened to him, "Aquifer? You mean we're underground?"

He nodded his head.

She ran her hands through her hair, as she stared out the window. It was still night and too dark for her to see very far. The sky was pitch black, no star in sight. The ground below was nothing but rock and dirt. She slowly limped back to the bed. She hugged her knees and laid her forehead on them.

A single tear fell from her lashes and splashed against her thigh. She was lost, so lost. She wondered where she was, she questioned how would she get back. She felt her heart sink.

Arlo moved towards the door quietly. He didn't understand what was going on with her. He was confused by her sadness. He didn't have the same kind of emotions that humans did. She had been rescued, why was she not happy?

"Wait." She whispered wiping her face, "What year is it?"

He was shocked. He wondered how could she not know what year it was. He suspected she on drugs. Still, he answered, "2157."

Her mouth fell open. They had sent her into the future! She rung her hands together, her mind reeling. She didn't think this was even possible. It had to be real, she was experiencing it all the pain and confusion. She ran her hands through her hair. She didn't know what she could do. She didn't know how she would get back to her time, or even if she could.

This had to be some sick dream. She was probably laying in a hospital in a coma and the medicine they were giving her was giving her insane dreams, but the pain she felt was too real to be a figment of her mind. Her ankle throbbed and her wrist was bruised and sore. Her ribs ached, every time she took a breath pain radiated through her torso.

Her mind couldn't fathom what was happening to her. She rubbed her temples where she was getting a headache.

A nurse walked into the room, reminding Alona that people were around.

She glanced at the man that had saved her as he quietly watched her. He nodded at the nurse then glanced at Alona. He left them in the room.

The nurse looked semi-normal. She had less makeup on than the other nurse. She was wearing all orange with bright purple hair.

"Okay sweetie, I'm going to ask you some questions. You can choose whether or not to answer, but it would help us a lot if you choose to answer." She had what looked like an iPad.