Chapter 39

*Norman's POV*

After a few days in the hospital Beth was finally allowed to come home. We've been talking to some people about loss of our baby. It hit us pretty hard and it will take us a while to get over, actually we'll never get over it. We just move on.

Mingus would be coming over later. He knows that Beth was in the hospital but he doesn't know why. And he doesn't know about the baby. No one does. We were going to tell our family at christmas but now we can't. And I don't want Beth to have to go through everything again with her family. But this is the time she needs her family.

Before Beth got home I made sure everything was ready for her. I took some pillows and blankets into the lounge because I knew she'd hate to be in bed all day. I bought her some chocolate and some flowers and put them on the table next to the sofa. She needs looking after and that's what I'm here for.

"Oh wow Norm, you didn't have to." I lead her into the apartment. "It's nothing, really. I want you to feel extra loved." She smiled sweetly and I guided her to the sofa as her stomach still hurts. "Well I already feel all loved up. You give me all the love I could ever need." I put her down on the sofa and got her all cosy. "Where are you going?" She said grabbing some chocolate. "Just going to check on eye. I won't be long."

After feeding eye I went back to see Beth fast asleep. I lightly kissed her head so I wouldn't wake her and started to walk away but she stopped me. "Don't go." I crawled in behind her, being careful not to hurt her. I wrapped my arms around her as she began to fall asleep again. "I'm sorry Norm." She sighed. "What for? You have nothing to be sorry for." She slowly turned on her back so we could see each other. "For losing our baby. I let you down, I'm sorry." She started crying.

"Beth you could never let me down, this wasn't your fault, I promise I'll help the cops hunt down that little prick that hurt you and I'll beat the shit out of him for hurting you. Yeah I'm upset that we lost our baby but we can try again when you're ready. And even if you're never ready I'll always be here with you because I love you."

I brought her into my chest and ran my fingers through her hair. "It's ok baby, get some rest before Mingus comes over. I'll be right here."

_______________________________________

There was a knock at the door and I knew it was Mingus. I knew he wouldn't take the news easily. As soon as I opened the door her ran straight to the sofa to Beth. "Oh my god Beth, are you ok? What happened." I tapped him on the back. "Just be careful with her pal." She wrapped her arms around him and he laid on the couch with her.

I sat on the coffee table and began to tell Mingus what happened ad I knew Beth wouldn't want to say it. "Well last week when Beth was walking home some random twat attacked Beth on the street." I didn't care about my language at the moment. Just thinking about it made me angry. "Well he beat her quite badly until someone came and scarred him off. She was then taken to the hospital because she had to be operated on. But as you can see Beth is healing and will be back to full health soon."

For the next bit I held Beths hand. "But in all that our little baby girl didn't make it." We all had tears down our cheeks. "I'm so sorry Beth, I know how much this meant to you guys."

We all cuddled up on the couch after Mingus found out. But then out of no where we got a phone call.

"Hello, Mr Reedus?"

"Yeah who is speaking?"

"This is the New York Police Department. We believe we have found the criminal who attacked your girlfriend, Beth Smith."

"Oh wow ok, we'll be down there soon."

"Beth they've got him."

I helped Beth get dressed and we dropper Mingus off before going down to the police station. "Now what ever happens Beth, just know that we're all here for you." I took her hand and helped her out of the truck.