chapter 36

*Beth's POV*

We'd been back for a couple of weeks now, just getting used to our normal day routines. The weekend was back again and we both had it off so we could spend time with each other. Too bad I had the worst sickness bug ever. It started yesterday morning, I was ok throughout the day but now morning is here again and I'm hung over the toilet while Norman is still in bed. I didn't bother waking him up again, he really needed his sleep, as much as I love how cute he looks when he's tired.

I quickly rinsed my mouth out and brushed my teeth before heading back to bed. As I got back in Norman's large hads wrapped around my waist pulling me towards him. His bare chest instantly warming me up. "Were you sick again?" I nodded and burried my body into his. "But I can't give it to you Norm." I tried moving away but he held me tighter. "You need lots of hugs and kisses to make you feel better though." He kissed the top of my head a few times. He was adorable. "I'll call the doctor and see if I can get you an appointment. I hate seeing my girl ill." I turned in his arms and gave his chest a quick peck. "I love you." "Love you too baby girl."

Whilst Norman made a phone call I decided to cook him some bacon for breakfast. "Wow Beth, what are you doing?" He picked my up and sat me on a stool. "Making you some food, I know how hungry you are all thw time." He went over to the pan and started cooking. "I know but you're unwell, you need to rest. I got you an appointment this afternoon." He put the bacon on a plate and turned the cooker off. "Thanks baby, are you coming too?" He sat down next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Of course I am."

We got washed and dressed, after watching tv and cuddling for a while we were off to the doctors. "You don't have to come in if you want Norm. Go see Mingus? I know you really miss each other." I climbed off his bike and passed him the helmet. "Are you sure? I don't wanna leave you alone." He cupped my cheek and ran his thumb under my eye. "I'm sure Norm, now go have fun. I'll walk back to the apartment, it'll be nice to get some fresh air." I kissed his nose through his helmet and he rode away.

"Hi I'm Beth. I have an appointment with Doctor Carlton." The woman kindly pointed to the waiting area where the doctor was waiting for me. "Now Beth, I spoke to your boyfriend on the phone and he said you've been sick a few times." I nodded. "Yesterday morning and this morning." He wrote down a few notes and brought out a leaflet. "Now I don't want to shock you by jumping into things but I'd like to ask you a personal question." Again I nodded. "Ok are you and your boyfriend sexually active?" My mouth fell to the floor. "Y-yes but I-Im on the p-pill." No, it's just a question. "Because it seems to me like this is a case of morning sickness, brought on by pregnancy. I have a test here if you'd like to see." He went in his draw and pulled out a box. "The pill isn't always 100%"

"We can give you the correct care here ma'am, there is nothing to be affraid of. Once we find out we can discuss it then." I walked to the bath room and pulled out the test and put it next to the sink. What would Norman think. Yeah he wants a baby but I told him I couldn't yet. We can't. But I want this so bad.

I splashed some water over my face and plucked up the courage to take the test.

This was the longest two minutes of my life. How would I tell Norman? What would Mingus think? What about my family back home?

Finally I looked down.

Pregant.

My heart skipped a beat.

A baby. Growing inside me. Mine and Norman's baby.

I walked back into the doctors room and smiled at him. "Congratulations." He smiled back at me and shook my hand. "A-a baby." Is all I could say making him chuckle. "Yes, there is a beautiful baby starting it's life. Now I can book an ultrascan at the hospital for you, lets say next week to find out how your little one is doing." He began typing on his computer. "Finding out the sex of the baby won't be possible yet but will be further down the line." I was speechless.