Chapter 26

*Norman's POV*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I knew this would be hard but wow. The past two weeks have been hell. I know Beth isn't coping well either. When I call her she's not the same. She tries to put a happy, cheery voice on but I can see through it. She needs me, and I need her.

I think it's affecting my role as Daryl as well. Sometimes I just start thinging about my girl back home, all alone. I get distracted. Andrew and all the cast have already tried cheering me up. I admit it did work a little, seeing my closest mates together again but something in me is missing without her. I'm lost.

--------------------------------------------------
*2 weeks later*
*Beth's POV*

1 month. That's how long he's been gone. That's how long I've been alone. It's hard to sleep without him. I still sleep in his shirt and boxers every night. I was layed on hid side of the bed about to go to sleep when my phone rang.
"Hey babe"
"Hi Norman"
"What's up? You don't sound too happy"
"I just really miss you" I started to tear up.
"Hey Beth, don't get upset, only two more months left then we can be together again, I promise"
"Two whole months, I don't know Norman. This is too hard, I don't know if I can do this anymore"
"W-what are you Saying babe?" Concern filled his voice.
"I don't know Norman. I just can't stand being away from you for this long. It's killing me" Tears now rolling downy cheeks.
"I don't like it either Beth but I don't see what I can do. I can take a few days off, pretend there is an emergency or something"
"No Norm, you need to stay"
"Right, I'm calling your boss and you're coming down to Georgia"
"Norman, you know I'd love to but I need the money. I need to play for the apartment while you're away. Maybe next month, ok?"
He sighed. "Fine, I guess. I've got to go babe, I love you"
"Love you too Norm"

*Norman's POV*

Mingus had called quite a few times to check up on me, more than he used to. I was starting to worry about him. He worries about me too much.

Filming was going alright I guess. I keep messing up though. Robert is getting a little annoyed with me, I don't blame him. "Hey Norman, fancy a beer after this last shot" Andrew appeared in my trailer. I shrugged my shoulder. "Norman, you need to get out. There is no point in sitting in here and your house sulking about Beth. You'll see her soon" He patted my back. "I guess I'll have one drink."

"She isn't calling me or picking up when I call her. I don't know what to do anymore" I sunk into my seat at the bar. "Just give her some time man, it's hard for her too, I'm sure you understand" I nodded. "Mingus keeps calling, he says he's worried about me. I don't want him worrying" I took a sip of my drink. "Talk to him about it, heck, you should invite him down. And Beth!" "Helena won't let him right now, Beth has work...I've already asked her to come down, she can't. I've got to go Andy sorry, I'll see you tomorrow"

I went back to mine, got something to eat and went straight to bed.

*Beth's POV*

Work was crap again. At least another few days had gone by. I didn't answer Norman's calls anymore. It hurt too much to hear his voice. I think he understands though, he hasn't called me today so I think he got the hint. There was a knock at the door.

"Mingus! Hey kiddo" I ruffled his hair. "Come in" He walked in and sat on my breakfast bar. "What's up Ming?" He looked sad. "Beth, I know you're trying to be brave in front of me but I know how you feel" I sat next to him. "It's hard when my dad goes away to film. I put up with it every year and we both manage to cope just fine" He gave me a small smile. "I know Ming. I miss him so much." I put my arm around his shoulder and he snuggled into me. "But this year is...different" I gave him a questioning look. "Beth, I'm worried about him" I could see tears form in his eyes. "Mingud please tell me what's going on." I was so concerned.

"He misses you so much Beth. He hasn't told me but it's killing him, I can hear it in his voice on the phone" A tear rolled down my cheek. "I-I didn't know he misses me that bad. I don't know what to do" Mingus stood up amd we wrapped our arms around each other in a tight hug. "I'm going to take a week of work and go down to see him. We both need to go" He shook his head. "My mum won't let me go this year. Plus it's you he needs right now. It's ok, I'll skype you later"

Mingus stayed over for tea. He didn't tell Helena he was coming here so I called her to tell her he was ok. She was really nice. We ordered a pizza for tea and watched The Walking Dead for a few hours.

There was a knock at the door. "That will be your mother" I got up to get the door when Mingus stopped me. "Wait I want to tell you something" I stopped and he wrapped his arms around me. "You make my dad so happy Beth! He really likes you and so do I. Most of his other girlfriends didn't really show any interest in me but you're different. You're good for us. I'm glad you're apart of our little family and I hope you stay with us forever. Even though you are two years older than me, I don't care. I love you Beth" Ok now I'm crying. "I love you so much Mingus, and your father. I'll never leave you. I promise"

Helena took Mingus home so I was alone again. I called work and they finally let me have next week off. I was going to surprise Norman by showing up at his doorstep. I had two more days to work then we'd hit the weekend and I could go see Norman. Things were starting to brighten up. Maybe I could do this afterall.

A/N IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'M 17! I CAN DRIVE!

**IMPORTANT**Sorry haha. I've had an idea. I'm going to dedicate each chapter to a fan of this book! If you would like to be one of these people then please comment!

Please vote and comment. I love you guys!
Beth xx