Chapter 19

*Norman's POV*

Things were going well with Beth's parents. Her brother was a year younger than Mingus so I knew how to get along with him. My nerves calmed down a bit after dinner, her mum was really interested in my career and life. On the other hand her father did pay attention but didn't talk to me that much, I was starting to think he didn't like me. Beth did tell me that her father was difficult but I though we'd get on a bit better. Maybe he was uncomfortable about the age difference. We started eating dinner but I wasn't hungry so I pushed my food around the plate with my fork.

"Norm are you ok?" I looked up to see Beth staring at me with sympathy in her eyes. "Yeh I'm fine, just not that hungry" I gave her a weak smile and continued to push my food around. I kept making little glances at her father. Not once did he look at me. Beth caught on with what I was doing. "Norman can I have a word, outside?" She looked worried as she pushed her chair back and so did I.

"Is everything ok?" She closed the door behind her as we went outside the door. "Yeh I'm fine Beth, just leave it ok" I said coming off a tad angry. "Norm, please just tell me. I hate seeing you like this" She looked so sad. "I just said leave it, I'm fucking fine" ok that was kinda loud. She looked hurt by my harsh words. I don't know what came over me. She looked down at the floor, giving in to finding out what was bothering me.

We went back inside to finish our dinner. Things were really quiet for a while until Beth's mum started asking about her job. She wasn't very talkative anymore,  I guess I upset her. 

After we finished dinner Beth put all the dirty things in her dishwasher and sat down with us in her sofa. Things started getting awkward. We watched TV for a bit and her family rambled on about everyone missing her at home and how things have changed so much. She even mentioned her old friends a few times.  Beth always said her friends never seemed to be that nice to her.  One of her closest friends Caitlin always chose someone else over her. Her other friends just took the piss out of her every change they had. I isn't see why she stuck around with them.

10:00pm still Norman's POV

I started to get late and Beth's dad and brother had started falling asleep on the couch. They hadn't sorted out sleeping arangements yet. Beth had a double bed which her parents could use and her brother could sleep on the couch.  That left her without a place to stay.  "Me and your father are gonna go to bed now, it was lovely to meet you Norman" I shook her hand and her fathers hand which left me and Beth with her sleepy brother. Beth went to go get some spare blankets and pillows. She said goodnight to her brother and walked me to the door. "Night then" She was about to close the door when I put my foot in front of it. "Hang on, where are you sleeping? There is no room in your apartment" She shrugged her shoulders. "You can sleep at mine, I don't mind. It's not like you haven't slept there before." She looked up at me with a blank expression. " I'm ok, I'll be fine"

I took her hand and pulled her outside and closed her door. "I'm not talking no for an answer" She shook her head. I quickly picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. She kicked and punched me all over screaming at me so I'd let her go. I placed her down in my apartment and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Fine I'll sleep on the couch." She sounded grumpy. "No, you'll sleep in the bed with me" She sat down on the couch and placed the cushions where her head would go. She got up and went into my room where I kept a spare blanket. She came back in and covered herself up and closed her eyes tight. I went into my room and pulled out a shirt for her to wear. "Here, put this on" I gave her my shirt and she waited for me to leave before putting it on.

I walked back into the room. "This is your last chance Beth. You can sleep with me in my bed or I'll take the couch if you'd like." She turned over so I couldn't see her face. "Ok well goodnight" I walked over to her and placed a light kiss on her head. I felt so mean. First I wasn't talking to her, now she isn't talking to me. I would go pick her up and carry her here but I think she'd just leave my apartment. At least I got her in here and gave her a place to sleep. I took my shirt off and pants and crawled into bed. I faced away from the door and tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. I wanted Beth in my arms.

I felt the bed shift a little and realised I wasn't the only one in the bed. She pressed her body against my back and wrapped her arms around me. She kissed cheek and whispered in ear "I'm sorry" I turned to face her wrapping my arms around her too. "I'm the one who needs to be sorry, If I'd have told you what was wrong earlier then we wouldn't be in this situation." She rested her head on my chest. "I'm still sorry" I played with her hair. "Stop it Beth. I was just feeling a bit down earlier. I don't think your dad likes me. I was worried he'd take you away from me. I could deal with that Beth. I hate being away from you, I hate not sleeping in the same bed as you every night. I hate not waking up to see your beautiful face." She moved her face up to mine so we were only a few inches apart. "I'm sorry about him, he's just a dick most of the time...he'll learn to love you like I have. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere without you. I love you so much Norm" She placed her lips of mine and kissed me passionately. When we pulled away for air I whispered "I love you too, more than you could ever imagine" I felt her smile as she rested her head on my chest. "Well I love you more than you love me" She giggled. I pretended to be offended "what? That's a bit fat lie right there! Beth I love you more that I have loved anyone else in the world!" I placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Even more than Daryl loved squirrels?" Ha this girl was too funny. "Yes, even more than Daryl loves squirrels"

I took my phone out and tried to get a sneaky photo of us. Beth hated having her photo taken but I loved taking photos of her. I've decided to do something special that she'll love. I'll show it to her one day and she will finally see that I love her more than anything.

A/N well I hope you guys liked this chapter! Bit of a struggle for Norman! What do you think his special something is for Beth? Any ideas? I still haven't gotten any feedback from anyone. I'd love it if you commented and voted for my story. And don't forget to check out my new story!
Beth xx