Chapter 41: Sibling Rivarlry

(Alli's Pov)

I walked out of the throne room away from the people that were pleading for one last chance at trading. I had finished the line of people who wanted to trade with me, and when I looked down the hall towards Cody's office not a single person was there. What bugged me the most was I hadn't seen Kalia in three days ever since she went to see Cody. I've been meaning to ask Cody but he was always gone.

(Cody's Pov)

Papers were scattered everywhere across a desk with a map that was glued down on it. The map was the length of the desk, several blue, yellow, and red pins where stuck in the map. Blue; for area that are already under Law. Red; for those who didn't have Law instated. Yellow; for country's waiting for the Law. It was enforced in the country but it wasn't established. Yellow covered South America, and Asia. Blue covered Europe, and Australia. While Red Covered North America.

I looked up towards the Declaration
Of Law. My dad had declared that all Law be enforced in North America, and he had gotten it approved. He didn't seem to show any interest in furthering Law. Especially with the wolves being rebellious, it would be a good idea so there would be peace in every state, country, city. Of course it would be heard but I think I can sell this to the Watchers easily.

I turned my head, hearing the door open to see Alli walk in, and I look back down at my writing on the papers.

"Hey Cody.." Alli said.

"What?" I ask grabbing a paper before walking over towards a filing cabinet, and pulling my keys out of my pocket.

"Where's Kalia?" My keys dropped out of my hand, I picked them up and turned to her.

"Jaden's." I lied before opening the filing cabinet. "It's almost Thanksgiving you know how see is at the holidays."

"If see gets to spend time with her family." I turn around and see Jake, he knew that Kalia had a magical dagger in her, which allowed her to sleep.

"Enough Jake." I say sternly and he smiles.

"Do you how long she's staying?"

"Don't know don't care."

"How could you say that? She your girlfriend." Alli said.

"Don't worry about it." I tell her shutting the filing cannot and locking it.

"Now if you would excuse me, Matt is walking down the hall about to tell me that our father wants to talk to me." She stepped aside just as Matt opened the door. I threw her a smile before walking away.

I walk into the living room and my dad stands up.

"Let's go on a walk.." He says wrapping an arm around my shoulders as he leads me over to the foyer door. I pulled away from him and put my hands in my pockets, as was walked towards the barn.

"Your doing a great job, your more focused." I look over to him and he smiles before dropping his head.

"But the Watchers want you to step it up though." He finished. I stopped and looked at him.

"Can you not be a dad for just ten minutes? Your always worried about me going into the Watchers. News flash, I don't like being bossed around. I'm not going the Watchers, I'm not going to be King."

"You will be King, Alli doesn't have the drive, we both know she's too nice."

"It nice of you to talk about your children horribly."

"Have you even thought of Tom? He's in Amar Academy now, have you ever once told him how proud you are of him? Take this damn crown I don't want it." I say taking the diadem off my head and throwing it at him, he caught it perfectly.