Chapter 20: Information

(Kalia's Pov)

Lucas and I sat crossed legged on my bed facing each other. My hair was pulled back and my stomach growled. I've given Lucas my food to make him stronger until he gets outta here. Spending time with Lucas was easy, and fun. I loved every minute we were together. We had instantly clicked and formed this great friendship that Cody and I hadn't. Cody was different. He was a mystery, and that made me want to be with him more than anything. I wanted to find out what he was hiding, he was compelling, smart.

"I'm going to get you outta here. I promise."

"I know." He says when the door opened I looked over to see Cody. He sucked in a breath as our eyes met.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded and got off the bed. I looked back at Lucas and he smiled, I smiled back before Cody's hand grabbed mine.

I took notice to the glance Cody gave Lucas. When I asked he told me it was nothing, and not to worry about it. There were certain part of Cody that made him himself. But underneath he was a great person. He didn't have the perfect past but who did now a days? I had seen him at his worst and nothing changed about the way I felt about him.

Being away from Cody for a couple weeks wasn't what I expected even with Lucas. Especially when he stopped visiting. We where given three times a week to shower, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and a change of clothes. I was thankful for that, but I looked horrible the only thing I wanted to do was sit in a tub with hot water, and relax.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking." I say with a smile.

I blink a few times entering my bright room. Natural light flowed in at every direction, I smiled.

"I'll leave you to clean up, I'm busy today so I don't know if we can meet up."

"That's fine, I've been needing to talk to Alli for a while." He nodded before leaving my room guard closing the door behind him. I waited a minute before going over to my bedside table looking for my phone. I opened my drawer and shuffling the papers around before going to the other side and pulling out the drawer. There it was. I shut the drawer and plugged my phone into its charger and waited for it to turn on. I saw several missed calls from Jaden and two texts from Matt. I texted Jaden back telling him I was fine and that I got in a little bit of trouble with Cody before looking at Matt's texts.

From Matt: Had a witch come in, he's looking for you.

From Matt: Werewolf's are moving into California, Rowan's gearing up for a war and Jaden doesn't want to be apart of it. Tell Cody that the werewolf's in New Orleans know what he's planning.

To Matt: Is Cody going to get hurt in the process?

I hesitated before I clicked send and waited a few minutes. He didn't answer back so I decided to take a shower before going to talk to Cody.

I walked down the hall to the office, passing servants who would kindly smile. I stood in front the wooden door as a guard opened the door.

"Kalia, Sir." Cody looked up as well as Jake and Cody shut a folder handing it to Jake and he walked away as I walked further into the room.

"Kalia I said I was busy.. What do you need?" He asked rubbing his hands over his face. I walked up to the wooden desk and Cody place his feet into the desk placing his right ankle over his left.

"I have information that you need to know." He looked at me then to Jake who had started making his way over.

"Leave us." He said, I turned a saw two guard exit out the door. I smiled walking over to the window behind Cody's desk.