Chapter 35: Australian Dreams

(Cody's Pov)

Two.

Four.

Eight.

Eleven.

Eleven punches. I watched as Chris, the new Head Knight for Juniors fell to the floor. He held his jaw as his mouth leaked out blood. He moaned in pain, and rolled away from me.

"Get up." I growled already in a bad mood this morning. I had these dreams about hurting Kalia for days, violent dreams. That was the start, then Jake had to come and ruin my dad about talking about last night when we had gotten drunk off our asses. Hell I was angry morning since her and Alli went if to Australia for two long weeks, which left me at the castle bored as hell.

Why not just go? I couldn't, the castle was attacked right after I watched their plane leave.

"Please no more, please." Chris begged. I kicked him in the stomach and he rolled into his hands and knees, and coughed up some blood.

"You think," I seethed, my fangs slipping out as I kneeled beside him and grabbed his face to look me. "You think that you can become a strong, skilled knight by begging for mercy?"

"Sir, we can continue tomorrow." I cursed and picked him up by his neck holding him steady.

"What is the castle is attacked tomorrow?" I asked just as the door was violently opened.

It turned around annoyance running through my veins as I let Chris go who fell to the floor and crawled away gasping for breath.

"What do you want." I asked wiping the sweat of my face and neck, with the towel my father handed me.

"You can't keep doing this Cody, your overworking them. Soon all your Knights will be injured because of your crazy fling that you think you have with Kalia." Anger boiled inside me as I threw the towel to the floor.

"They are here to train! We won't have the castle attacked ever again!" I yelled. With my anger only getting worse I pushed past him walking towards the door, I wanted to tell him that he didn't know what I was going through cause he probably hasn't ever had dreams like mine.

Jake who was part helpful and part ass, is looking for a witch because I think that Aria spelled me when we had met at the bookstore two weeks ago. Two weeks of pure torment. Believe it or not but I was harder to actually find a witch who wasn't part of Aria's mothers coven, (which is one of the first, longest running coven known in California.) and who didn't know Aria.

(Kalia Pov)

Australia was beautiful, soft beaches, great surf. Alli and I had gotten a hotel minutes from the beach. I had just a gotten off the phone with Cody for the first time because of the big time difference, he seem troubled which worried me a bit. When asked he just dismissed it or would say not to worry. But I did.

I missed Cody I mean I just came from a trip from New Orleans- now in the place where I've always wanted to visit. I couldn't wait to go back home tommrow and see him, and tell him how amazing the trip was. Everyone here was laid back, and just chill. Everyone was usually at the beach surfing which Alli and I had done a lot of, and I had a very nice tan to go with it.

Now, Alli had decided to go to a party on the beach, I had been to party's before but that was with Jace. I'm not going to lie either, I had gotten drunk before as well. What teenager haven't though? My friends did it, why couldn't I? Well I had learned that my friends were a bad influence on me.

"It's just your close friends and family right?"

"And a few of their friends." I sigh as we climb out of the car the wind hitting my face, good think I brought a jacket..