Chapter 37: Bitten

(Kalia's Pov)

"How is he?" Jaden's familiar voice sounded behind me as I watched through a big glass window as Cody watched TV. They had given him an IV of a special herb called 'Winter Cherry' that slows down the death process.

"Stable, I guess. Dr. Rollins said he has twenty-four hours..."

"Who bit him?"

"Jake said that the castle was attacked with Williams army. Williams trying to get back at me for killing some of his Alphas in New Orleans so.." I say looking over to him, that's when I noticed Lucas was here.

"If Brad finds out your here he'd kill you. I'm going to shower, I've been with with him all through the night. Dr. Rollins thinks his family should visit him"

"And how are they doing?" Jaden asked.

"This dad is okay, he doesn't show much emotion. Alli and his mom have been crying ever since. Tom doesn't really understand, he knows he got bitten but.."

"He hallucinating?"

"Definitely. He yelled at the wall several times. He asked me why I just sat their when William was standing over him." I say wiping a tear away, before walking off and upstairs.

(Cody's Pov)

You'll never understand death until you where laying on your death bed. The Hospital room was barren, the blankets were scratchy, and uncomfortable and the plain blue walls were boring as hell. Kalia complained it was cold but it was hot, I was sweating up a storm. My arm ached, my vein turning black of poison. Poison from that venomous son of a bitch.

I looked away from the TV to see Lucas come in.

"What?"

"Well if your going to have an attitude I just won't tell you what I found and I can leave." He said opening the door again.

"Wait."

"That's more like it." He had this British accent that annoyed me he was cheery, sarcastic, and smarter than anyone I knew. "I got my grind to look at the black and white hair that was found in your Knights body's."

"You were able to identify whose they are."

"Well he was, I look though all your 'evidence' which I liked a couple things so I kept. Anyway, both black and white hair comes from Kalia."

"So Kalia's coast is black an white?"

"No, have you not seen it?" I shook me head. "She has a few white spots on her head." I nooded.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." He said before leaving. I watched him through the window and saw Jaden and him talking.

(Kalia's Pov)

I wanted to go back to Cody but it was time for his parents to visit him in his last hours. I wasn't going to lie I cried like a freaking baby. I didn't want to lose him, he was the best thing that happened to me, and William was just taking that from me.

I had called Caleb this morning checking on him after his run in with my dad and he ignored me, so I was currently on the way to his school. I haven't told Cody that I had seen my mother, I didn't want to talk about it. I was a disgrace, my father never thought a girl should be a Alpha. That they were only there to please, the Alpha male. Well guess what? I'm an alpha and nothing's going to change that..

I pulled up to the school no one was out and I looked at the time 4:30 p.m. I closed the door of Cody's Range and walked up the stairs of the brick school before going in the hallways were empty, and a Janitor was picking up the stray papers off the floor.