Chapter 18: New Friends

(Kalia's Pov)

"Jaden do you know what time it is?" I asked after receiving a four in the morning call from my brother.

"You've disrupted the only sleep I've  gotten in the past weeks."

"Yeah. But I needed to call you, I've been doing some book reading an research all night, and it turns out I'm heading up to New Orleans."

"What? No, I told you I'm fine. I have everything under control."

"Then why are the Vampires looking for you? What the hell did you do?"

"First off it wasn't my fault, he came throwing punches at me. Second, I don't need my brother coming up here to protect me, don't you see that that shows that I'm weak, and that I need someone else to fight my battles for me?"

"I was coming in on Matt's asking."

"Don't bother finding me, we're leaving today."

"Oh." I sigh and sit up contemplating whether or not to mention that Cody was the planning on wiping the wolves out.

"I'll let you go-"

"Jaden wait, I think I know why Matt called you up here. He found me a couple days ago and started talking to me, before I killed the vampire- he said theres a war brewing up with the Vamps and bayou wolves. They want territory, power. Cody's going to make sure that doesn't happen." I confess

"Even outside the Castle Cody's still planning tactics."

"His tactics are very singular... Murder, execution." I said

"Does he know that you know?"

"No,-"

"Let's keep it that way, the last ting I want is for you to get involved."

"Yeah yeah whatever. I'm going back to sleep. Night." I ended the call quickly turning into my side and shutting my eyes in hope to fall back asleep.

(Cody's Pov)

Jake and I sat outside in the heat of the day on the gazebo waiting for a witch to do a spell that can undo the spell on the dagger. Turns out Jake had brought it and used it on a wolf then other day, but it didn't work. It's supposed to go inside the body and can them pain while in some sort of coma.

"There's Taylor." Jake asked as I looked over to see a tanned girl with brown hair she walked through the gate and approached us.

"It's a simple spell, won't take long to undo it." I looked over at Jake as she walked up the stairs of the gazebo. I sat still watching her mumble to herself the dagger in her hand. The wind picked up and I looked around running my fingers through my hair, trying to keep it styled. Then it suddenly stopped and the door opened and I saw Kalia walk out.

"Just need to test it..." Taylor looked around before she stopped and saw Kalia.  I watched as Kalia paused looking over at us before he eyes widened. I stood up the grab the dagger from her but Kalia had bolted around the house.

"Get her out of here" I said before flitting to the back yard watching Kalia run to the tree line. I flitted and gained in her tackling her to the ground, we rolled a couple times before she threw a punch but I blocked it, catching her fist in my hand and pushed her off.

"What the hell Kalia!?" I asked sitting up and fitting of the dirt and grass.

"Me! What about you!? What the hell where you doing with Jake and a witch!?"

"That's my business not yours!"

"You don't own me stop telling me what to do!" She yells before turning to walk off but I grab her wrist.