It is going to be all over the News, after all

I sneak through the neighbors backyard to avoid the News media and bite my nails while looking at Liberty's shoes.

I sigh and tear up from what she said. I've always loved Liberty and I still do, but knowing that she felt alone feels horrible. I should've spent more time with her. I sniffle and shake my head, it's my fault, it's my fault.

I grit my teeth and throw her shoes at a tree while I scream out my anger. I slowly sit down on the sidewalk with my head in my hands, then think about her. Her face, closed off and broken, is all a see when I think about her. I take a deep breath and hold back the tears, "I should've spent more time with you."

~

I walk into the weight room and change into Liberty's tennis shoes, then pull my hair up. I jump on the treadmill and wait for it to start moving; I look outside at the trees and sky and I think about Liberty, "I bet it's beautiful up there, Lib," I whisper to myself.

I sigh and slowly start running on the treadmill. I focus on what the News media asked me, do you feel vengeful towards the man who killed your sister, how do you feel about your dad being out of jail. I start breathing heavy and answer the questions myself, I don't hate the man and don't wish bad things on him, but I wish he wouldn't have done what he did and I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to feel about my dad. I'm too scared to feel anything besides hate.

I look around at everyone else who's lifting weights or running on a treadmill. They're covered in sweat that glistens in the light and their breathing combines a beat with mine, but everyone stops when the door opens and a million of cameras come flooding in.

I stop running and watch them push each other to get here before the other. They scream my name and the people who are working out, stop and whisper to the person next to them.

The chili dog man is back and holds a microphone up to his mouth, "Rydley, do you hate your mother?"

I shake my head, "I have nothing to say to you." I step off the treadmill and grab my stuff, then try to walk out. All the journalists and reporters run over each other and nearly knock me down. I try to push them off, "please, leave me alone. I have nothing to say."

"Miss. Johnson, do you trust your father?"

"Rydley! That night when your sister died, would you rather it be you than her?"

I stop and look at the lady who asked me that and all the other reporters become quiet. I clear my throat and nod, "yes."

Cameras flash while some of the reporters write down what I said. I debate if I should give them the answers the want to leave me alone or just walk away.

"Why?" The same lady questions me again.

I take a deep breath and look down, "I've protected her all her life and she shouldn't have gone like she did. I wanted her to grow up, have a family and make something out of herself because she was still young where she could," I shake my head and sigh, "I would give up anything to bring her back."

"Even your own life?" A different reporter with cury hair asks, then forces the microphone into my face.

I stay quiet and think about the question before I answer. It is going to be all over the News, after all. I push my lips out and shake my head, "she wouldn't want that. She's always wanted the best for me like I wanted for her, but if it came down to it, I would want her to stay here. Not me." I look down and shake my head as if I could erase what I just said, "actually, I wouldn't want either of us gone. I would want both of us to be here, so I can have my sister and she could have hers."

Most of the reporters aw together and I awkwardly stand there, hoping that they will go away, but more camera flashes appear along with questions.

"How do feel towards your dad?"

I smirk, "I don't know what I feel towards him. I'm not sure if I feel anything at all," I chuckle to myself and raise my eyebrows while I sigh out my chuckle.

"Rydley, you are an inspiration to people across this country! How does that make you feel?"

A smile creeps up on my face, "makes me feel great. Wanted. And, I hope to the people who read this, watch this or hear about this sometime today or another time will be inspired enough to help someone who went through what I did."

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the story! I certainly did.<3

I'm kidding. I would never leave you guys like that, but I dunno, that is a good cliff hanger. ;P

Question 1: Do you think Rydley and her father will ever have a relationship?

Question 2: Do you think Rydley should've avoided the reporters?

Question 3: What do you think Liberty would have wanted? (Her being alive and Rydley gone, her being gone and Rydley still be alive, etc)

*TODAY MARKS THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF PUBLISHING THE FIRST CHAPTER OF IS IT OKAY TO WISH :D*