Tough life, man

"Are you going to stop?"

I shrug and look around, "I guess I should," I wipe my tongue over my teeth, "the only way Mona or my grandparents will let me back in."

Alec leans back and lights a cigarette, "your dad?"

I bite my nails and scoff, "I wouldn't sleep in the same house with him if someone gave me a million dollars."

He scratches his perfectly carved jawline, "your mom?"

I raise my eyebrows and slowly shake my head as I look in the distance. I haven't spoken to my mother since the last time I saw her; which was almost two years ago. And if I did, I still wouldn't stay with her.

Alec shrugs and blows his cigarette smoke at me, "you could always lie to Mona and say you're clean," he smirks.

I smirk with him, "you and I both know she'll drug test me in a heartbeat."

"You could stay with me," Sam shoots me a look with her dull brown eyes while she rests her head on her perfect manicured hand.

I chuckle to myself while I light a cigarette, "oh really?"

She nods, "it'll only be one night, though. My parents are strict with company."

I toss the lighter on the cold table and lean back while releasing smoke, "I'll take you up on that offer."

Sam gives a shy smile and looks away.

Alec clears his throat while putting out his cigarette, "I gotta piss. I'll be back." He stands up while rubbing his chin, then he disappears in the sea of people.

I lean my head back and close my eyes as I sigh out more smoke. I roll the cigarette between my fingers and listen to the faint music playing over the laughter and yelling.

"Are you okay?"

I look at Sam and raise my eyebrows, "why wouldn't I be okay?"

"I mean, you're all over the News and I know you're going through a hard time after what happened to your parents and your sister. You just seem like you're going to," she stops as she thinks about a word that'll falsely describe my life, "be depressed."

I smirk and put out my cigarette, "listen, my life doesn't concern you or anyone else, alright? I don't ask about anyone's personal problems because I simply don't care and I wish everyone else would mind their own fucking business," I spit at her.

"You don't care about anyone?"

I roll my eyes, "no."

"What about your sister?"

I grit my teeth, "leave her out of it."

"I was just wondering, geez." Sam rolls her eyes.

I get up and stand over her, "I don't care what you were doing. I only cared about my sister and that was it. She's gone and I don't give a shit about anyone anymore; I'm by myself and that's how I like it. Alone. I don't want anyone's help because it isn't their problem. Not my grandparents, not my parents, not yours or anyone's, so do me a favor, and keep your opinions and concerns to yourself," I grab my jacket and storm out of the club.

~

I sigh and wipe my tears as I stroll down the road my grandparents live on, then I slowly walk across the street while kicking torn up asphalt chunks and rocks. I pat my pockets for my cigarette pack and open it, "shit," I roll my eyes and throw the empty pack on the ground.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath while I shake my head. I turn on my heels and walk in the other direction to a gas station with the moon's reflection heavy on my back.

I pop my shoulders and keep my head down to ignore all nightlife and focus on my problems.

~

"Can I get a pack of Marlboros?"

The late night cashier throws the pack on the counter and raises his bushy eyebrows at me, "$4.97." I slide him a crisp five dollar bill and he slams it in the register, "you are eighteen, right?"

I tap the cigarette pack on the counter and nod at the static T.V. in the corner, "is that the News?"

The cashier nods, "yeah. I watch it to keep up with local or worldly gossip and besides, my boss told me to keep it here."

I raise my eyebrows and slowly nod, "heard anything about that girl Rydley Johnson?"

He shakes his head, "not tonight. I have, though. Rumor has it that her mom publicly abused her and just a couple days ago her little sister died. Tough life, man."

I smirk, "has to be."

As soon as he opens his mouth with more facts about me, the door hits the golden bell and out holds a man from the dark of night; a parasite with slicked back hair and a clean shaven face. 

He strolls through the aisles, then reenters the scene with a box of condoms. 

He puts them down and fishes for money in his wallet. I scoff and look at him, "nice, dad."

"Your grandfather called me and told me to talk to you. After what he told me, I prayed that it was all a lie, but judging from the bags under your eyes, it's not."

I roll my eyes and grab my cigarettes, then start walking out the door.

The door flings open after me and my dad chases after me, "why did you do it?"

I glare at him, "why did you do it?" I yell, "to get away from everything, right? And don't act the parent you aren't, because you did the same shit. I saw it with my own eyes. Both of you. So, don't act like you don't know why."

"You're still my daughter and I still care. Don't put words into my mouth, Rydley. I cared about you and Liberty and I still do! I saw what drugs did to your mother and I don't want that happening to you. I went to jail for it and rehab; it's not a fun place, so stop with the drugs."

I roll my eyes and wave him off, then start walking away. My dad snatches my arm and pulls me back, "don't fucking touch me!" I yell at him.

Yay! Updates((:: I didn't know where I was going with this, so I just randomly wrote and bam! We got ourselves an update. It might be a bad one, or a good one, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Question 1: Should Rydley go to rehab for her drug addiction?

Question 2: (Back to an old question) If you could ask Rydley anything about anything, what would it be?

That's all the questions I can think of! I'm kinda tired and I'm dreading tomorrow. It's only Wednesday or Thursday (depends on when ya read it) and I'm ready for the weekend cause sleep, but I'll probably have 1564878414 trillion sheets of math homework that I'm not ready for. Okokok:

Question 3: Weekend plans?

I'll probably do nothing, but hopefully, I can talk mi madre into taking me to the natural science center because they're having a human body exhibit and that's pretty cool. OR go to Barnes and Nobles and read because it might be raining and that's a perfect time.

*I'm nervous because most of you guys won't get this joke, but actually, all of my systems are nervous. HAAAAA!*

(Sorry for the long authors note)