Everyone loves a good story

I wake up to a golden cat staring at me while flicking its tail like its ready to pounce.

I lunge at it and hiss as I get up, then walk into the hallway and hear Samantha clacking dishes together and cursing under her breath.

I walk in the kitchen and clear my throat, "morning."

She looks up and smiles, "morning!" Her smile quickly changes into a frown, "did I wake you?"

I yawn and shake my head.

"Okay, good. Did you sleep well?"

I shrug, "better than a bench. Thanks."

"For?"

I cross my arms and shrug again while walking around the island, "letting me crash here."

"Anytime," she looks down at her bowl of cereal and stirs it around, then slowly looks up at me, "I'm sorry for what I said at that trashy club. You're right, it wasn't in my manner to get into your business and you have every right to tell me that, but it's sad, ya know?"

I look at her under furrowed eyebrows and sigh, "I know."

"I had a friend in highschool and she was great, but she got with the wrong crowd and started doing drugs. Like, the hard ones like you're doing; coke, meth, heroin and anything else she could get her hands on. Well, one day, she did too much, went to sleep and never woke up," Samantha frowns.

"Sorry about your loss, but I'm fine."

"I'm glad you think so," she chases the last few pieces of her cereal around.

~

I wander down my grandparents street while blowing out cigarette smoke and nodding my head to the beat of the music that's flooding into my ears.

I sing the lyrics as smoke and words flow out, "cause even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth. We've got a lot to learn. God knows we're worth it; No, I won't give up."

I look up and see a mob of peole with cameras and microphones hording at my grandparents front door. I stop and watch them ask questions even though the door is closed along with all windows.

They all become quiet, then scream with questions as they approach me. I get swallowed in the mob and choked with questions.

"Do you feel vengful towards the man who killed your sister?" A man with chili dog breath asks.

"How do you feel about your dad being out of jail?" A lady with thick rimmed glasses shouts over the man.

"Don't answer them, Rydley!" My head shoots up as I see my grandmother stomping down the driveway with a cane. She pushes the media away with it, "get off my property!"

My grandmother yanks me up the stairs and pushes me into the house, then locks the door. I look at her and cough, "how long have they been here?"

"'Bout a day now. They've been looking for you!"

I scratch my head, "where's Reed?"

"In the back room. All the choas has been getting to him."

I nod and quietly walk down the hall and knock on the door, "hey, old man."

"Hey, sweet pea!" He smiles and coughs into a tissue.

"You don't look too good. What's wrong?" I sit on the edge of the bed and bite my nails.

"Just allergies, but I'm fine. What brings you down here?"

I take a deep breath and raise my eyebrows, "I was actually walking down the street, but I got tackled by the News people and Nora threw me in here," I shrug, "so, here I am."

My grandfather chuckles, "everyone loves a good story even if it's filled with lies."

I nod and bite my nails, "do you think Liberty has some old tennis shoes?"

He nods, "probably. Why?"

"I ran on a treadmill and I got some bitch ass blisters. My feet are killing me," I scoff to myself.

My grandfathers eyes light up with joy and smiles, "go check her room.

I nod and get up, then stroll into her room which is the same as I last saw it. 

I slowly look in her closet and dig around through all the junk, then notice her shoes on the top shelf. I stand on my toes and grab them while a book comes tumbling down.

I pick up the book and read a page: I wish Rydley would quit smoking and realize it's really bad for her. And whenever she does smoke, she stinks and gets pissed off. She honestly spends more time with a cigarette than with me.

I sigh and put her diary back on the shelf, then leave the room. I say goodbye to my grandparents and sneak out the back door as I toss my cigarette pack on the ground.

Litter bug. But, hello, everyone! I haven't updated since 30 trillion years ago or last week, but whatever ;P

Question 1: How do you think Rydley feels about the questions the media asked?

Question 2: Do you think Rydley is going to stop smoking because of what Liberty wrote?

Question 3: Can you see yourself being friends with Rydley?

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!(: