Run away from all my problems

My dad's grip tightens and his eyes go cold, "you need to get your shit together, Rydley! Go to rehab for your problems!"

I pry his fingers off my arm, "I'm not going to any type of rehab because I don't need it! I'm fine!" I cry out.

He puts his arm back down by his side and straightens his shirt, "how many people have you lossed since you've started snorting coke, hm? Colton, your grandparents, Mona? I wonder what Liberty would say," he raises his eyebrows while lighting a cigarette, then he walks away.

I turn and watch him, "don't bring her into this," I whimper.

"What do you think she would say about it?"

I frown and fumble with the strings on my shredded shorts, "she would tell me to stop."

"Then, why don't you? If you won't do anything for yourself, do it for Liberty."

I purse my lips and roll my eyes, "I haven't even touched coke since I got thrown out."

"That's great. Maybe this, uh," he circles his hand around while thinking of a word, "this, time to yourself, will help you quit for good."

He gives a tight smile and turns to go home. I sigh out a groan and start walking back to the park.

~

I plug my headphones into my phone and pick a song to listen to, then light a cigarette while I rest my elbows on my legs. I tap my foot to the beat and watch the late night cars pass by as they try to get home to their families.

I yawn and stretch my arms over my head while shake away the yawn. 

I lay down on the bench and look up at the stars, "I wonder what everyone is doing," I take a hit from cigarette and think of different scenarios to fit each person, "Colton is probably studying, my grandmother is probably knitting something while drowning to the sound of the late night News, my grandfather is probably in the dining room with head in hands wondering what he did wrong and Mona is probably playing late night poker with her regulars." I cough and put out the cigarette.

I turn on my side and close my eyes, "and, I'm probably going to fall asleep on a park bench while it's fucking freezing."

~

I rub my eyes and yawn away the sleep, then get up to get a drink from the water fountain.

I wipe away the water from my mouth and stretch my back, then pull my hair into a ponytail and start walking down the street. 

I look at all the cars and empty morning houses as I make my way downhill. I turn at the intersection and drag myself into the gym, then head for the showers, but a husky blonde woman stops me, "excuse me, but I'm going to need to see your ID."

"ID?"

"Yes, ID. You need it to get into the weight room or swimming pool."

I smirk, "this wasn't here last time I came," I walk around and look at all the trophies, "how much is it to get an ID?"

"Fifty and that includes everything. Weights, pool and court." 

I nod as I watch the swimmers dive into the pool and look at the woman, "let's see what I have," I raise my eyebrows and reach in my boot to pull out the cash I have. I unfold it and my heart sinks; I never gave Colton his hundred back. I frown, "can you break a hundred?"

She studies me and slowly nods, then retreats behind the desk. I lean on it and watch her divvy out the cash back. She clears her throat and nods her head at a chair, "you'll have to take a picture." 

I nod and sit down in the chair, "if I'm tired of coming here, can I get my money back?"

She ignores my question and hands me a piece of paper, "sign this, please."

"What is it?"

"Just a member contract."

I nod and sign my name.

"Rydley Johnson?" She looks at me.

"All day."

"You're the girl from the News!" 

I scoff, "sadly."

"Your story is truly unbelievable. I can't believe that you actually walked in here and you're talking to me. Is there anything I can do to help?"

I nod, "let me take a shower."

She smiles and nods, "of course." 

She slides the money across the counter and I put it in my boot, then walk down the hall. I look through the window at the weight room and watch people running on treadmills and lifting weights.

I bite my nails, "I spent your money on a good cause, Colton."

~

I step up on the treadmill and turn it on. I slowly start walking and look around, I look so awkward. I look down at my combat boots and shift my weight while I turn up the speed.

I begin jogging and I feel stares from people destroying my back. I ignore them and focus on the cars outside driving past.

I start sweating and I shed my top shirt, then fix my ponytail. I wipe my face off and cough a little bit as I run away from all my problems.

Er..yeah..I feel like this chapter is supa choppy, but oh well. I updated!

Question 1: Thoughts about Rydley working out?

Question 2: Thoughts about Rydley in general?

It's pretty late..like..9:07 (to be exact) and I got new headphones today because my dog chewed mine up last night (that's why I'm updating. I can listen to music) and I wrote myself out of the corner I was in. I totally winged it, though.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week! (: