Mother like daughter

I stop before I get to the end of the driveway and I go back inside to get some money. I quietly open my grandparents bedroom door and grab my granddad's wallet. I take out fifty dollars, then put it back on the dresser.

I start again and walk outside to my old neighborhood which used to be the drug addicts hang out. I stick the money in my jacket pocket along with my hands and think about my mom, I wonder what she's doing.

My old neighborhood isn't too far from my grandparents house; the next road over, actually. It's abandoned by families and the government who could fix the place up and let people move in, but people still sleep inside the houses.

I knock on the peeling green doors and hope someone will come out. I look at my house that's across the street while I wait. Probably a couple of years ago it looked nice and a great family home, but I know that's a straight lie.

I hear the door unlock and the classic drug addict leans on the doorframe, "whatcha want?"

"Snow. You got that?"

He nods and I follow him inside. It reeks of smoke and body odor; I gag a little bit and lean on the sofa arm. I watch him dig through the cabinets, "you look familiar. What's your name?"

"None of your business," I light a cigarette and blow the smoke out towards him. "I didn't come here to chat."

He nods and throws his hands up, "sorry, sorry. How much do you want?"

"I only have fifty dollars, so anything that'll fit that or cheaper."

He pulls out a jar that has probably a gram in it, "fifty."

I nod and hand him the money in exchange for some coke, "thanks."

He nods and lights a cigarette, "this one chick used to pay me with sex. You kinda look like her. I think her name was Carolina or something."

I stare at him and ignore the fact that he indirectly compared me to a slut, "Caroline?"

He shrugs, "sounds about right. You know her?"

I scoff, "I was raised by her."

He smiles and raises his cigarette up as if we were fixing to tap glasses and scream cheers!, "mother like daughter. Not so bad, right?"

I give a fake smile and walk out to go back to my grandparents, right.

~

I roll up a sheet of paper and snort up a line of cocaine, then another one after that. I sniffle and lean my head back with my eyes closed, "better."

I hide the bag under my bed and crawl back in, then pull the covers up. I stare at the ceiling and watch the tiny white bumps bounce around like pinballs, then my eyes slowly start to close and I try to fight it.

I look at my phone and it's one in the morning, I wonder if Colton is up. I dial in his number and I get voicemail; I wait for the beep and I try my best not to sound like I snorted up a drug, "I'm so excited for you to visit me! I miss you so much and I just wanna cuddle you, kiss you and fuck the shit out of you. Hope you're sleeping well," I giggle and I touch my face, which is tingling, "night."

I hang up and roll over to face my shadow that the moon is casting on the wall. I run my hand over it and it copies my motions; I giggle and look back at the ceiling.

I hear a knock at my door and I look to see who it is and it's Liberty with her stuffed animal I saved from our house. She steps into the moonlight and her hair is cascading around her neck with her features resembling my dads. She clears her throat, "can I sleep with you?"

I giggle and shake my head.

"Please?" She cries, "I keep having nightmares."

I roll my eyes, "no."

Liberty cries more and crawls into my bed. I push her out and she bumps her head on the floor.

"Get out of my room, you little shit!" I yell over her.

"Why are you being so mean?" She cries and holds her head.

I grit my teeth and push her out, "get out!" I slam the door in her face and crawl back into bed. I yank the covers up and look at my shadow, "fucking bitch."

~

I get up and stroll to the bathroom which is locked. I bang on the door and it opens up, then Liberty runs out crying. I watch her run off, then I do my hygiene routine.

I finish brushing my teeth, then I towel dry my hair and walk out. Everyone is at the dining table sitting in silence and I walk in the room and break it, "morning."

"Can you sit down, please?"

I roll my eyes and slide the chair out, then sit down, "what?"

"Did you take fifty dollars from my wallet?" My granddad looks at the dining table with his locked hands blocking his face.

"Why would I need fifty dollars?" I bite my nails and try to hide the lying the best I can.

My grandmother lets out an annoyed, hasty breath and I shoot her a smile. She rolls her eyes and walks into the living room while my granddad looks at me; he clears his throat and asks another question, "did you hit Liberty last night?"

"No," I play with the ends of my hair and ignore his staring.

He sighs, "Colton called. He said he would be here later on tonight."

I nod and smile, "great." I get up and walk back to my bedroom and close the door. I reach under my bed and pull out my bag, then make a line. I quickly roll my sheet of paper and snort it up. I smile and take a deep breath, then start to make another one.

**I'm so happy to share that Is It Okay To Wish has reached 800 votes! I couldn't have done it without you guys and it means a lot(: Thank you((:

**School is starting soon and I might not be able to update as much, but I'll try my best to keep the chapters rolling.

**Everyone who reads this story should jump over to my other story, Color Me Love, and read that one, because why not?

OKAY! I had to share those announcements, but now it's time to ask questions! I was told that the last chapter was a mind fuck and everyone had so many emotions. Y'all make me giggle. Anyways, this chapter! Comment feelings and thoughts down below. Who does Rydley remind you of? ;P Do you think Colton and Rydley will remain a thing with Alec around? :o Comment! :D