Don't leave me

The sleazy guy walks over to the cabinets and opens them up, "take your pick."

I slide my tongue over my teeth and glance at the jars, "what's that one?" I motion at the jar with my head, then take a hit from my cigarette.

"Acid. Take a trip, baby," he grabs the jar and unseals the top.

I put out my cigarette and look in the jar; there's pills and some that look like stickers. The stickers are colorful while the pills look like something from the doctors office.

I feel my stomach churn as I think about Colton, then I feel it collapse when I think about Liberty. I take a deep breath and nod as I'm reaching in the jar for a sticker. I put it on my tongue and it starts to dissolve.

The sleazy guy closes the jar and puts it back in the cabinet, then he rubs his hands together and disappears into the kitchen.

I rub my face then sit on the couch. I close my eyes and lean my head back while I think about something else that doesn't have to do with drugs.

"Here ya go," I open my eyes and look at the sleazy guy's hands. Alcohol. I give a small smile and pop the lid on the broken coffee table. "I hope you like Smirnoff."

I nod, "it works."

"I don't think you told me your name?"

I shake my head, "Rydley."

He nods, "cool, cool. I'm Preston."

I give a fake smile, I don't care, "nice."

"You seem different last time I saw you," he takes a swig from his bottle and coughs a little.

I shrug, "you talk about me like you know me," I scoff and twirl my finger around the rim of the bottle.

He shakes his head, "trying to make conversation."

I set my bottle on the coffee table and close my eyes, "don't."

~

I smile and bring my hands in front of my face, "I'm glowing!"

Preston chuckles, "nice."

"Everything is so bright. I see so many colors," I smile at my hands, then look at Preston and nearly scream, "you have a demon's face!"

He laughs and shakes his head.

I slowly get up, but I feel a hundred pounds heavier. I look down at my body and I quickly cover the wounds, then run into the kitchen to wash them. The paper towel feels like a thousand knives in my body and it burns like the fire of Hades.

I wipe off the blood off my legs and I start feeling something running down the side of my face. I drag myself into the bathroom, or what's left of one, and look in the mirror.

Half of my face is Liberty's and it's covered in bruises and dried blood. I scream and punch the mirror, "no!" I kneel down and I hear her voice in my head. I cover my ears and shake my head, "stop! Stop torturing me!"

~

"Where have you been?" Colton yells at me. "We've been looking for you since this morning!"

"I don't feel good," I rub my eyes.

"So, you disappear?"

I frown and walk around him, "I'm going to sleep."

I walk up the steps and inside to my bedroom. My granddad stands up and follows me while my grandmother sits there without a worry in the world. I slowly close the door before my granddad can question me, too, and I lay under the covers.

"Where was she?" I listen to my granddad ask Colton when he walks in.

"I don't even know. She said she didn't feel well."

"You're closer to her than I am. Have you seen anything different with her?"

I close my eyes and pray that Colton doesn't rat me out for the drugs. I slow my breathing and try to listen, but I can't hear anything except muffled words. I bite my lip and remain silent.

The door creaks open and I curse at myself. I pretend to be asleep, but they wake me up anyways, "Rydley Lee Johnson, are you snorting cocaine? Don't you lie to me," my granddad's voice is stern and unfamiliar; I've never heard him angry before.

I hide my face in the covers and think of something to say. I bite my lip and whisper, "no."

"You have ten seconds to tell me the truth or you can get your stuff and leave."

I frown and slowly nod. This is the only place I got.

I hear my granddad sigh and he walks out. Colton sits on the bed and looks at me, "where were you?"

"Nowhere."

"Rydley, please, you need help."

"No, I don't! I'm perfectly fine!" I yell at him.

"No, you're not! Someone who is 'fine' doesn't go out and snorts cocaine on a daily basis! You have so much to live for and you don't need to throw it all away!"

"I don't have shit! I'm living with my grandparents because my mother is in jail, I just lost my sister, my grandmother doesn't like me, my dad scares the shit outta me, I don't have any friends and you're fixing to leave me, too! I could go down the fucking list of horrible things and drugs isn't on there!"

"Then fix it, Rydley! Be someone that makes Liberty happy or yourself! You've told me before that you don't like who you are and you're the only person who can change it. I don't want to see you destroy yourself."

I frown and bury myself under my covers again, "leave me alone."

Colton lets out a deep breath and stands up, "gladly."

I watch him walk out, then I chase after him and hug him, "don't leave me."

Heeyy, everyone! If you're reading this, it means I updated..obviously, but yay! My laptop is being slow and it's annoying -_- but, question time!

1.) Any thoughts on this chapter?

2.) What do you see happening next?

3.) If you could ask Rydley herself a question(s), what would it be? 

If you have any questions, concerns, or love letters, please feel free to contact me(: