She's not the only one who looks nice

I slowly slip out of bed while Colton is asleep and get dressed to go to the drug house. I slip on my pants while I bite my lip and look at Colton, then quickly look away to button my pants. I walk over to the dirty laundry and dig through his pockets for money. I pull out a crisp hundred dollar bill and stuff it in my pocket, then head outside.

I sniffle once the humid air hits me and I light a cigarette. I hug myself and look at the stars and give a faint smile, "you're so beautiful," The stars smile back and I gaze across the sky and think about the endless wonders of space, "I wish I could be up there."

I frown at the moon, then continue my way to the house.

~

I knock on the door and wait for that sleazy guy to answer, but he doesn't. I knock again, then look in a window that's covered in dust and dirt. I wipe it off and peak in, no one. I bite my lip and test the door knob to see if it's unlocked and luckily, it is. I quietly walk in and dig through the cabinets for cocaine, then stuff the bags into my pockets.

I set the jars with the other empty ones and I run out. I keep running till I'm off the street, then I start walking back to my grandparents. I yawn and stretch my arms over my head, then wait for my shoulder to pop.

I frown and kick rocks off the sidewalk, then march up the steps. I stroll through the front door and tip-toe to my bedroom, then strip down into nothing, but my shirt and panties. I hide the cocaine in an old pair of shoes, then slide into bed with Colton.

"Where'd you go?" Colton asks with a raspy voice and wraps his arms around me with his face buried in my neck.

I close my eyes and sell my body to his, "bathroom," I lie.

He nods and kisses my neck, "sleep well."

"You too," I whisper out, then slowly doze off into sleep.

The door flings open, "I'm getting tired of your shit, Rydley!"

I look at my mom, "what 'shit'? I didn't do anything."

"Like you don't know. You wasted a whole can of soup!"

I'm not that cruel to rat out my little sister like that. I rather take full blame than to see a twelve-year-old with a black eye, "I'm sorry."

"Are you crying?"

"No."

"You're so fucking weak, Rydley. You're lazy, ungrateful, annoying and stupid."

I spit at her, "fuck you."

Know what would happen, a fist of skin, bones and rings hits me right in the nose. Out of pure defense, I punch her back and the next thing you know we're on the floor pounding at each other. The sharp pain that goes through my body is killing me, "please, stop!"

"Rydley, wake up! It's okay."

"Don't touch me!" I scream and cover my face. My hands shake above my head and I close my eyes tighter. "Don't touch me, " I whisper out, "please." I pray that she'll go away and leave me alone.

~

I sniffle and rub the sleep from my eyes, then look around.

"Good morning," Colton says and I look at him. His arm is behind his head and his eyes are closed. "Are you okay?" He looks at me.

I slowly get up and scratch my head, "think so."

"You kept twitching and mumbling and I got worried. Are you sure you're okay?"

I nod and get up, "I'm fine." I throw on a tank top and shorts, then a pair of Liberty's Keds and walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I rinse my mouth out and walk back into the bedroom to grab my jacket. Colton stands up and looks at me, "where are you going?"

I put a piece of gum in my mouth, "Mona's. Wanna come?"

He nods and starts changing into pants and a basic T-Shirt, then follows me out. I dart out the door and light a cigarette while I wait on Colton.

He walks out smoothing his shirt and I raise my eyebrows over my sunglasses, then make my way to the bar.

~

I throw my cigarette on the ground and blow out the smoke, "yo, yo, is this your ride?" I nod at the motorcycle.

Alec wipes his hands on a red work cloth and smiles at me, "ya like?"

I nod, "looks nice."

"She's not the only one who looks nice," he smiles and hands his cloth to Colton who's getting angrier by the minute.

"Can I sit on it?"

Alec nods and opens up a water bottle, "I don't see how you're wearing a jacket, sticky fingers."

I shrug and look at my leg, "I would love to have a motorcycle."

"Yeah? Maybe Richie Rich can buy you one."

I look at Colton and he's glaring at Alec. He takes a deep breath throws the cloth at Alec, "maybe I could buy you an education."

"Actually, I already have my education. Mechanics, but thanks for the concern," Alec smiles at Colton.

I watch as Colton's jaw tenses up and his hand becomes a fist. I bite on my nails and wait to see if he will actually fight Alec. I raise my eyebrows and watch him swing.

Eh, chapter a little shorter than usual, but oh well.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm writing a story with my friend and I already posted the first chapter. Be nice and check it out :D

Nothing exciting is going on in my life besides school, so..moving on to the questions!

1) Favorite subject? -English and Health

2) Who do you think will win the fight? -I don't even know.

Hope you enjoyed :D