I feel like I've lied

I slow down and get off while looking at everyone. I grab my shirt and put it back on to cover my permanent bruises before anyone notices and I start walking to the showers.

~

"Did you steal money from me?"

I bite my nails and frown, "listen, it was for a good thing."

"I don't care, Rydley. That was a hundred dollars! Where are you? I'm coming to get it."

"I spent half of it," I frown.

"On what?" Colton yells.

"Well, I got kicked out everywhere and I've been sleeping on a bench in the park and I wanted to take a shower, so I went to the gym like I always do, but the lady wouldn't let me in unless I paid to get an ID, so I paid for one," I sigh, "I have fifty dollars left, so you can take it back."

"Your grandparents kicked you out?"

I scoff, "yeah. I mean, you kinda ratted me out and Mona doesn't like it either, but it's whatever. I'm fine."

I hear Colton sigh, "I'm sorry."

I roll my eyes, "I'll probably be back at the park in ten minutes, so meet me there and I'll give you your money back. Stokes park." I hang up and shake my head, fucking great.

~

I sit on the bench and untie my boots, then slowly take them off and throw them on the ground. I slowly peel my socks off and red blisters shine in my eyes, "fuck me."

"Ouch! Nice blisters, sticky fingers. Whatcha do to get 'em?" Alec blows out smoke and sits next to me on the bench.

I rub my eyes, "running."

"Running? Where to?" He smirks.

I look around for Colton and bite my nails, "on the treadmill. Have you seen Colton?"

Alec finishes his cigarette and shakes his head, "haven't looked for him. Did you two get back together?

I frown and shake my head, "no," I sigh, "I stole money from him and he's coming to take it back."

He laughs, "why would you give it back?"

I frown, "I feel like I've lied to him for two years; the least I can do is give him his money back." I fumble with my shirt, "besides, I wanna see him."

Alec nudges me and points at Colton walking down the sidewalk. He takes a deep breath, "there's your lover."

I roll my eyes and get up to greet Colton, but the look on his face screams that he doesn't want a conversation.

I get his money and hand it to him, "you're welcome."

Colton puts the money in his wallet, "I didn't mean to intrude on you and Alec."

"You didn't," I look at him, but he averts his eyes and looks at the trees. I grit my teeth, "why won't you look at me?"

He shakes his head, "I gotta go."

"Fine. Go," I spit at him, but deep down, I'm aching for him to stay. I hug myself and watch him leave for the second time while I hold back my tears. I sigh and slowly walk back to the bench, then sit down, "he thinks that we're together."

Alec nods, "I heard."

I frown, "I want him back."

~

"Why couldn't you bring your motorcycle? My feet are killing me!"

"I told you to pop those blisters, but you didn't want to," Alec chuckles.

"Because that's gross! And why are we here?"

"Samantha invited us over. She wanted to say sorry for whatever she said at the club."

I roll my eyes and watch Alec knock on the door, "that place sucked. No one was fighting."

He smiles, "it was in the other room."

I groan as Samantha opens the door in her pajamas. She's holding a cat and a bag of popcorn, "come in!" She smiles and steps away from the door.

I follow Alec in and look around; the walls are a warm golden color with a grand staircase hugging the gold up to the second floor.

Samantha nudges me and points to my shoes to take them off. I untie my boots and place them in the shoe rack near the door, then follow everyone into the living room.

"I hope Netflix is okay," she sits down on the leather sofa and looks at Alec. "I didn't really want to go out."

Alec shrugs and sits next to Samantha, then I sit down while clutching the edge. I close my eyes and breathe in the faint smell of popcorn and a vanilla candle.

"What do you guys wanna watch? I'm up for anything."

I sigh and rub my fingers together as if I had a cigarette there, "I don't care."

"I have food and drinks in the kitchen, if you want something, or we can order pizza. Have y'all tried the Chicken Bacon Ranch? It's so good!" Samantha scrolls through the movie choices.

I look at Alec and he smiles, but I roll my eyes and listen to Samantha talk.

~

"Hey, sticky fingers, it's time to go," Alec taps me.

"She can sleep here. I feel bad for what I said and she probably doesn't have anywhere to go."

I keep my eyes shut and pretend I'm asleep, so I won't have to sleep on the park bench tonight. But, knowing that I don't have anywhere to go hurts; a lot. I feel so alone without Liberty and Colton by my side. They were my best friends and now they're gone along with everything else, but I try to ignore the empty feeling and go back to sleep.