How can I trust him?

"I can't trust you to do anything!!" I slam my phone down after yelling at Brad. He still hasn't picked Bri up at her daycare, and they just called to tell me. He's an hour late, and I'm on set filming. Now I have to leave early, pick her up, and find someone else to watch her while I finish filming.

"Hi, baby!" I coo as I pick her up. Her face is red and tear stained, and the day care worker looks exhausted. Bri gets in my arms right away resting her head in my chest as she finally stops crying. She plays with my hair while she calms down.

"She's been crying for almost an hour now." The day care worker hands me her bag, and I pay her "I think she was lonely because everyone else left."

"I'm so sorry this happened, I guess it was just a miscommunication between us."

I get back in the car and put Bri in her seat and start driving towards Brad's parents house. Ari and Luke are both busy, or I would have them watch her.

"Thanks so much for watching her," I hand Bri to Jane "I should be done in about an hour or two. I don't know what Brad's doing."

"Don't worry about it, we'll be fine." She has Bri say bye to me, then takes her inside to play with toys so I can leave. I watch for a little before I leave and see Bri get back to her normal self.

The whole way back to set I think about how this is all Brad's fault. I don't understand what he could be doing that is more important than picking her up, or at least calling someone else. He can be so dumb sometimes that it makes me wonder why I even married him.

I get back to set where I have to put all this aside and finish filming my scene for today. It feels like it's taking hours longer than it really does, just because I want to work out what's happening. I keep getting distracted by everything when I should be focusing on work. I'm finally told that we're done for the day, and I rush off to pick Bri up right away.

"Thanks so much for doing this," I thank Jane again and take Bri for her "You ready to go home?"

"Yeah!" She jumps around in my arms "Daddy there!!"

"Yeah, sweetie, daddy's there." I laugh as I walk out the door with her. Jane follows so she can say bye at the car.

"If something like this happens again you can always call me to pick her up. I'm home anyway." She offers her help making me feel a little better.

"Well hopefully it won't," I laugh slightly "but if it does I'll have to take you up on that."

I pull up our driveway after a long ride of listening to Bri try to talk to me, and get her out of her seat letting her run in the house. She immediately finds Brad who is standing at the counter making dinner, and runs up to him. I try to avoid eye contact and sit at the table with Ari and Luke.

We start to eat dinner, and talk to the kids about how their day was. They both tell us about school and what they did. Brad and I don't talk much until he decides to break the silence.

"How was filming?"

I just put my fork down and stand up to wash off my plate "It was fine."

"Jen, if you're mad..." He starts to talk, but I cut him off.

"I'm not mad." I snap back. The kids take this as their clue to go up to their rooms, and hand me their plates on the way up. They take Bri up with them to play so that we can be alone.

"I'm not stupid, Jen, I know you're mad." He walks over to take over for me. I pause for a few seconds before letting my anger get to me.

"Okay, you know what? I am mad!" I turn towards him "She was alone there for am freaking hour! Her face was soaked and tear stained until I got there all because you couldn't call! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I forgot, okay?" How can he be so calm? How can he not just take responsibility for what he did?

"You forgot about your daughter? Do you have any idea how excited she gets at just the thought of you?!" I notice his expression start to change. He knows how much of a daddy's girl she is, and she has him wrapped around her finger.

"She counts on you, Brad!"

"I know that!" He sighs dropping the dishes into the sink "It was an accident. It's not like I wanted to do it. You're over reacting!"

I notice the sorrow in his face, and I knew all along that he didn't really mean for this to happen, but just the fact that it did makes me mad.

"Just don't do it again." I walk over and lean on the counter next to him "She really wanted you,"

"I know," He cuts me off "And I feel horrible, but I promise it won't happen again."

"You sure?" I ask playfully as I get closer to him.

He leans down and kisses me "I'm positive."