Doll house from hell

"Daddy!" Bri yells for me "You make it?" She asks as she points to the box of the huge doll house I recently bought her. Jen told her that I would put it together for her when she wanted to play with it.

"I help!" She adds, making me regret this a little.

"Okay, princess, but you can play with your other toys." I hand her some stuffed animals as I clear an area for me to build this.

"This is gonna be a freaking mess." I mumble to myself as I pull the pieces out of the box. There must be 100 with lots of screws and the instruction book from hell.

"Where mommy?" Bri asks as she walks over, moving all the pieces I have out.

"She went out with aunt Court. That's why Coco's here." I move her to the other side of me so she can play again "She'll be home later so you can play with her." She goes back to "playing" with her toys while I try to put this contraption together.

I leave her alone so that I can leave for a minute to get my needed tools, and by the time I get back Bri has made her way into the kitchen, opened the box of cookies and has half of them laying around her on the floor.

"What happened in here?" I ask shocked.

"I hungry." She answers as she shoves a cookie in her mouth. Jen's gonna be pissed, but they're keeping her entertained so I'm gonna let her eat them all.

I start to screw together the pieces when I realize that I'm missing a few, and they aren't around me that I can see.

"Hey, Bri" I turn towards where she is playing "Do you have pieces of your doll house? Daddy needs them."

"I hide them." She laughs to herself as she gets up and runs to the kitchen. I follow her and see that there are pink doll house pieces laying all over the inside of the cupboard "They here!"

I pick her up and grab the pieces, then take her back into the living room "Do you wanna watch TV?"

"Yeah!!" I put on some random kid shows for her, and go back to putting this thing together. I thought the toys when Ari and Luke were little were bad, but this is 10x worse. Just as I'm about to finish one side of the doll house Ari and Coco run downstairs causing it to shake and fall over.

"Dad!" Ari yells "Can we get food?"

I sigh and stand up, looking at the mess in front of me "I guess. I'll order you guys a pizza, but stay down here and watch your sister so I can finish this."

"Fine." She complains and mumbles something under her breath before walking with Coco over to the couch where Bri is.

After I order their pizza, I go back to finishing the doll house. I stand it back up, and find all the little pieces and start screwing everything together. The pieces must be multiplying, because every time I look at them there seems to be even more than before.

"Play now?" Bri walks over asking me. She sits on my lap right in the way of my view of the pieces.

"Daddy!?!?" She yells when I don't answer right away. She's very impatient.

"You can play soon, Bri. I need to build it first." She doesn't like this, and starts to cry making me decide it's nap time. I carry her up to her room where she fights sleep for a while until I promise her that everything will be finished once she wakes up.

I walk back downstairs to see that the girls pizza got here, and they are eating, and something surprises me. Luke is sitting on the side of the doll house arranging the pieces into groups of what goes together. He even put the stickers on what is already done.

"The girls said I was being annoying, so I thought I would help you with this." He tells me when he sees how surprised I am "I didn't put it together, but I think I helped with some of it."

"You did alot." I sit next to him on the floor "If you wanna keep putting the pieces with each other I'll screw them together and it'll be done faster." I don't really expect him to agree, but he just sits there and does what I ask.

"Did it take this long for you to put my Batman thing together?" He asks. I still remember putting that thing together.

"Not this long, but you and Ari kept crawling around on me and your mom." I laugh thinking back on that day "She finally gave you guys candy and put a movie on so that we could finish it."

He laughs to himself as he finishes putting the pieces together. I have him hold the pieced together so that I can put the screws in, and soon enough we have the whole thing standing up together. We finish it by putting all the stickers on, and putting the little decorations throughout the house along with a few dolls to surprise her when she wakes up.

"We play now?" Bri asks Jen as she changes her. She woke up just as Jen walked into the house, and is now ecstatic because she knows she will play with her.

"You have to go down and see if daddy finished it yet." Jen carries her downstairs where she jumps out of her arms and runs as fast as her little legs will let her into the living room where she stands there in shock.

"Wow!" She looks around at it. It's taller than her, and probably seems huge compared to her tiny self.

She pulls on Jen's arm pulling her over to it, and sits right on her lap "We play, mommy!" She hands her a doll, and takes one for herself. I don't think I have ever seen a smile this big on her face.