Pay Back!

*Brad's POV*

"What should I make for dinner tomorrow guys?" Jen asks the kids as they finish their pizza from tonight's dinner.

Luke and Ari go silent and I can tell the they aren't happy about their mothers cooking.

"Honey, I thought that I was gonna cook dinner tomorrow." I say trying to persuade her to let me cook without letting her know that the kids hate her cooking.

"Well you cook all the time! I want to cook for once!" Jen says as she picks up Lewis to burp him.

"So any ideas?" She asks once again.

"How about your salad or quesadillas?" Luke asks because he knows they are two of the only things that she can't mess up.

"We can have the salad on the side. But I need a main dish. And I want to make more of a adult, family meal. If you know what I mean." Jen says. "Oh I know! I'll make pot roast. Is everyone okay with that?" She asks.

Luke and Ari obviously don't want to make her upset, so they smile and nod in response.

I'm too busy making sure that the kids are giving the right response, that I forget to answer her.

"Is that okay with you?" She asks again, while wrapping her arms loosely around my neck and pecks my cheek.

"Yes." I say and smile in response hoping that she didn't notice anything.

"Good!" She says and quickly removes her arms. "I'm going to put Lewis to bed now. Then I'll be back for Bri." She says as she gets Lewis and carries him upstairs.

I wait to hear her close the door then start talking.

"You guys have to eat dinner tomorrow!" I say before they can complain to me.

"No dad! It's gonna taste terrible! She messes up everything she cooks!" Luke says

"I'll eat the salad but that's it!" Ari says with a straight face.

"So there is no way that your eating dinner tomorrow?" I ask them.

They both nod so I have to do the only thing that is going to change their minds.

"Okay, if I give you $20 dollars each, will you eat?" I ask.

I see Ari give me a 'are you serious' look while Luke was very happy.

"Dad, were rich, so I'm gonna need at least $50." Ari says with a smirk.

"Fine $50." I sigh because I know it's either 50 or no deal.

I get out my wallet and had both Ari and Luke their money and then put my wallet back.

"Daddy?" Bri asks.

I look over noticing that she's been listening the whole time.

"Where mine?" She asks.

I sigh and get out my wallet again and hand her one dollar because she probably doesn't know the difference. Or so I thought.

"More!" She says.

Both Ari and Luke start laughing but I'm definitely not. So I hand Bri $5 and she seems to be happier.

"Now hide it before your mom comes back and sees that I bribed you. And if she finds out because of you two, I'm taking the money back." I say pointing to Ari and Luke.

They both nod and seem to understand so they both go upstairs to hide it.

Once they get back down, they sit on the couch and just play on their phones.