Draco Malfoy - Secret Admirer

Grace's POV

I turn to my side, the cold floor making my back ache. I open one eye, making sure where I am.

Hermione's room.

Oh, right! I forgot about the slumber party Hermione had last night. It was fun, with the occasional crashes by Harry or Ron dressed as a girl wanting to get in on the gossip. You know, the usual.

"Grace." Hermione mumbled, half awake and half asleep.

I prop my elbows up and throw my head back to get the messy hair out of my face. "What?"

"Answer your stupid mail." Confused, I was about to tell Hermione that the mail would come during breakfast time but paused. In the faint distance I heard a bird hooting.

Oh yeah. And that.

One day, I was pacing around the room, wondering when Hermione would come to discuss homework, because I was flunking badly, until a knock came at the window. I didn't think much about it. I would always hear tree branches hitting my window. So I resumed pacing. But, then the window flew open and an owl came flying in.

So I did what any normal person would do. I ran over to the window and shouted "Has anybody lost an owl?" And then I held up the owl.

Since nobody claimed the bird, I set him it on my desk. Well, more like my roommates desk. I would not get bird poop on my desk.

Anyway, I was about to begin pacing again when the door flew open. Hermione ran in, sweaty and dirty with her hair frizzed up. "Where have you been?" I had said. But she shook her head and pointed to the owl.

"Who's that from?" She asked breathlessly, pointing to the letter attached to the owl's leg. I shrugged because I hadn't read it yet. Hermione walked over to the owl and unwrapped the letter to it's leg and began reading.

After a few seconds, Hermione began to smile. She handed me the letter, smirking. "I'll be in my room." She said and then raced to leave the room before I got a chance to read the letter. I opened my mouth to shout at her that I still needed homework help but then decided against it. Waste of breath anyway. So, I flattened the paper and read it.

After a few seconds, I was left clueless. That note made no sense. Just a whole bunch of love poems mashed together to make a letter. I flipped the paper over and saw this:

'From: Your secret admirer'.

So long story short, I get mail from somebody who claims to be my secret admirer. Who also probably has no life.

And those letters had came everyday.

For two month.

I sigh and sit up. I grab my wand next to my pillow and wave it at the window. The lock slides off and the window flies open, letting the brisk autumn/winter air waft in. The same eagle owl dashes in with a letter in its beak. The owl flies to me and places the letter on the floor softly.

I wave my hand to Hermione's desk indicating that there were owl treats somewhere there. The owl flies up to it while I grab the envelope and break the seal off.

I flip the envelope over and read the same four words in blueish black ink that still had not dried. I pull the letter out slowly, knowing Hermione was watching in anticipation.

"Just open the letter!" I smile at Hermione while she just rolls her eyes at me.

Once the letter was fully out of the envelope, I throw it to Hermione. The empty envelope hits her forehead with a thump before floating to the ground in front of my bare feet.