Harry Potter - Yule ball

So since I already got the same request requested by someone else, I'll just mash it up.

Harry asks you to the yule ball but is jealous of you and Seamus spending time together//Harry tries to ask you out but keeps failing because something gets in the way.

Fern's POV

My body hits the couch as I shake with laughter. Seamus and I were working on a potions essay together. And with every question Seamus got wrong, he would have to put in a random ingredient to the pot. I already had the right questions (thanks to Hermione) and we were having a blast. Quite literally.

After about 15 or so ingredients, the potion started to boil a deep green color. So I, being the nicest person in the room, slid the cauldron over to Seamus and with him being clueless and not knowing what to do, the potion had exploded in his face.

"It's not funny." Seamus growls from across the table. I sit up on the couch and cover my mouth to stifle the laughter trying to come out. "You're right." I put on the best serious face I could and start picking up Hermione's shredded homework.

After picking up the papers, I sprint up the stairs and into my room. I quickly close the door behind me and let the laughter out. My body hits the ground as the air from my lungs shorten. But I continue laughing.

"FERN!" Shouts an angry Seamus and Hermione. I just continue laughing.

***

I look around the courtyard to all the couples sitting on the floor and getting smoochy. The Yule Ball was just around the corner but I didn't care for it. Of course I wanted to go, but of course nobody would want to ask me. I was a little too out of control.

"Hey." I look to my left and see Harry sitting next to me also looking at the couples. I smile at him. "Hey." "I was wondering, would you like to go to the-" "FERN!" Another voice shouts. I look at Harry apologetically.

"Yes." I turn my head to the right. My eyes widen and I get off the bench. "I'm sorry Seamus. I should have told you what would happen. But no need to worry right? You're practically used to it." Seamus growls.

Well, that didn't work.

I sprint away and into the building, running as fasts as my legs could carry me. I look behind me to see Seamus stopping at the end of the hallway. I stop also but not before bumping into Snape.

"Sorry." I whisper and run around him. He gives the tiniest nod and walks away.

***

"Ehmm" I turn around with the book I wanted in my hand. "Oh, hey Harry." I smile at him, showing him some of my pearly whites. "Hey," He looks around before taking a step forward. "I was going to ask you something yesterday but never got to, so, Will you go to the Yule Ball-" "FERN!" Shouts a female voice.

Harry sighs and backs away, his head dropping down. "No wait, Harry!" I yell after him but he was already out the library doors.

I growl and turn around. "What." I spit at the person who was ruining my chance at going to the Yule Ball with someone. I open my mouth to say something but Hermione holds up her hand. She takes out a wipe and wipes her face with it. She walks to a nearby trash can with her hand still raised and throws the wipe away.

She turns around with an evil smile and puts her hand down. "Oh, hey look, there is a squirrel over there!" I say in the most sarcastic voice. She rolls her eyes and walks towards me.

"AHHH! THERE'S A SQUIRREL IN THE LIBRARY!" Someone shouts over near the back. I smile as the prank I had set up worked. Hermione looks behind her for a split second but that was all I needed for me to rush out the doors.

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS FERN!" Hermione shout after me. My face lights up as I continue running. Of course I have a plan for that.

***

"Hey, Harry!" Harry turns around and as he sees me his face lights up. He looks around hopefully. He breaths a sigh of relief and looks me in the eye.

"Fern. Will you go to the Yule Bale with me?" I smile and also let out a sigh of relief. "Yes."