Young Remus Lupin ~ Love Potion

[Edited]

Remus' POV

I was sitting in potions, waiting for the professor. On my left was Sirius and on my right was James. In front of me was Amy and to her sides were her friends. Peter didn't take potions because he was too afraid of the teacher. I was absentmindedly staring at Amy's hair and how badly I wanted to run my hand through it while smelling the familiar smell of watermelon and chocolate when the professor waltzed into the room. Yup. Waltzed.

"Today we will learn to make a love potion." Professor Grubble said while grimacing. "And who ever wins will earn two Love Potions. Their own and the one I have made. Instructions on page 258." With that everybody eagerly got set to work, including me.

I wanted the potion to make Amy fall in love with me. James wanted it to make Lily fall in love with him - everybody knew that - while Sirius wanted to get it to prank people with it. And everybody knew Snape wanted to keep it in his collection of boring things.

***

At the end of the lesson, James won the potion and now Lily tries to get even further away from him. The teacher did let some of the people who did get the potion right, keep it and lucky I was one of them.

***

I was walking into the common room when I see Amy hunched over something on a table. I hide in one of the corner shadow and watch her peer over her should every once in a while to check if anybody's was watching. Once she was finished she wrapped it around something and whistles something.

Then over my head a gray medium sized owl flys to Amy, resting on her outstretched arm. She puts the thing in the owls beak and whispers something in her ear. The owl hoots and flys out of an open window. As she starts to pick up her mess, I walk over to her and help her clean up.

She looks over and jumps. "Rem!" She yells while wrapping her arms around me in a hug. I chuckle and hug her back, feeling a tingle go up my spine. She pulls back and heads back to her side of the table, continuing cleaning. "So what are you doing here?"

"This is my common room too." "I know that doofus! I mean why are you here? Shouldn't you be in the Great Hall? Eating?

"I should be asking the same thing to you, Amy." I say, dropping down to my knees, picking the scrapes that fell under the table. "Touché"

I chuckle and stand up, walking over to the bin I drop the paper in. "Well goodnight." I give her a quick hug before walking to my dorm room.

To tired to do anything, I sit on my bed and hear a small crinkling sound. I stand up and look at where I was sitting. Seeing the thing, I snatch it and rip the paper off, carful to not break anything inside. On the top resting nearly on a box was a note with Amy's handwriting.

' Dear Remus,
Amy here, unless I'm a Death Eater taking over Amy's body but I'm not. Just to make sure I'm not, My favorite food is chocolate. Anyway! I know how much you love chocolate, so I asked my mom to buy these in a store. They are SO good. You have to eat some. They're called Hershey Kisses. I didn't put a Love Potion in it so you don't have to worry about that. But you never know. Just try these out.

Hope you enjoy,

Amy Shays '

I smile at the letter, thinking about how she knew my favorite food. I put the letter carful lay next to the box before picking the box up. I lift the lid off and inside were a bunch of crazy colored triangles. I grab once to inspect closer. I try to break the plastic but it wouldn't open.

After a few attempts in opening it I run out of the dorm, making sure to grab the box of candy, and run into Amy's dorm.

"Amy! It won't open!" I yell frustrated, thrusting the pieces of candy in her face. She laughs and takes the candy from my hand. She takes the paper sticking out at the end and peels it like a banana.

I open my mouth to say something but she puts the candy in mouth. "Thanks!" She laughs and pushes me out the door. I walk over to my dorm, the candy under my arm. I open the door, and walk over to my bed, placing the candy in a safe spot before falling asleep.

***

I was sitting on the Gryffindor table looking anxiously around, searching for Amy. She was a minute late and I know Amy, she doesn't do late. Once she walks in the Great Hall, I look at her in awe. Her hair was more curly than usual and she had more of a shine to her face. I was about to get up but a girl bumps into me, spilling her drink on me and getting some in my mouth. Automatically I feel a rush when I look at Amy. I get up, not caring for the curious looking I'm getting from my friends, and walk straight to Amy.

Once I'm straight in front of her, I take her in my arms and kiss her, full on the lips, smiling slightly to have her kiss back.

And that was the start of a beautiful relationship.