Charlie Weasley - Dragons

Wow, this is the first Charlie imagine i made. Hope you enjoy @hufflepuffkid :)

_____________________

Camryn's POV

I sigh and head to my car with a bunch of boxes. Yup, moving day, again. I swear where ever I go, I bring bad luck. If I get even the tiniest of good luck, I'll know that the next day will turn out bad. Completely bad.

I slide the last box in the trunk and walk up to the driver seat. I open the door and look back. I had actually started to grow a liking for that house. Too bad I have to move all the way to England. Which might a few days since I'm in Italy.

***

I crack my eyes open and can see about nothing. It's absolutely dark and not a thing stirred. I look over to the light switch and flip it on. The lights blink on and off before leaving it turns off. I sigh and stretch. I walk over to the bathroom and get dressed in a pair of clean sweats and a light sweater.

I stifle a yawn and put on my used black converse. I walk over to my to door and grab my keys and wallet before heading out. I walk under a small roof connected to the hotel rooms to get to the registration room.

I make sure to get a good grip of my wallet and keys, now knowing what might be lurking in the dark. I knock on the door and tuck my arms in, the slight breeze of the wind making goosebumps appear. The door opens up to an elderly lady looking like she just woke up from her sleep.

"Hello dear. How may I help you?" She says and motions me to come inside. "Um, I just wanted to check out." "Of course dear." She walks me over to the front desk while holding what looks like a hip, but I know that she might need to go to the hospital sooner or later.

I grab the blue felt pen and sign my name in the check out column. I get out $50 and hand it to the lady. She walks around to the cash register and places it in. She gets a ten dollar bill and two quarters out and hands it to me. I open up my wallet and slide it in random spots.

I smile at the lady and place the hotel key down and walk out. I breathe in the smell of smoke and ash but with a hint of winter coming a head, knowing this might be the last time I ever smell this smell again. I head over to my car and get in before driving off to England.

***

I get out of the car and walk up to the house. Which looks more like an apartment but who am I to judge. I take box out of the trunk and head up. I walk to the elevator and press the button. The elevator squeaks down making a weird noise like scraping metal against metal.

I get in and press the five button repeatedly, hoping it would make the doors close faster so I don't have to interact with people in this time of the day. I sigh in relief as the doors close and head up. I take a look around he elevator to get a good look at what I might have to keep using.

I walk to my door number and with great difficulty, get my room key out of my back pocket. I slide the card under the scanner and it bleeps before a green light appears. I turn the door handle and the door slides open with ease.

I take a once over of the room before walking to my bedroom. I place the box down on the bed and walk out to get the rest of the boxes. Knowing I had this weird dragon job tomorrow, I head to sleep.

***

Charlie's POV

"Ok who is in charge of taking care of the Hungarian Horntail?" I shout over to the group of people in front of me. With all the noise the dragons keep making, we just might lose our hearing. A person in the back raises their hand but I can't tell who it is so I carry on. "Ok, who's in charge of taking care of the Chinese Fireball?" I shout.

Two people raise their hand but another one is uncertain if they should raise their hand or not. I nod and continue on with the, somewhat, roll call. I get to the last dragon and every dragon has three caretakers, besides the Hungarian Horntail.

I walk down the small stand and walk over to the back of the group. As I am much taller than some of the people here, I don't have to crane my neck to see where that hand came from.

I am almost to the back when I see a swoosh of black hair come close to my face. I look around to find the person but, by now, all the people have started working on their jobs, making it harder for me to know who that person was.

I walk to a random dragon and help take care of it before going on to a different one.

***

Camryn's POV

I sigh in exhaustion. This dragon did not want to cooperate with me and I didn't really want to use my special ability. Dang you and your family Hungarian Horntail!

I look around to make sure I'm alone to do this. I didn't want to sound like a lunatic. "Psst." I whisper to the dragon. His (or her. Gender equality) head perks up and looks around as if he had smelt bacon.

I look around and get a piece of rare meat. "Ok, listen here dragon. If you do not cooperate with me. You want get this" I say while waving the meat in the air. The dragon almost snorts and gobbles down the meat in a second.

"You do know it won't listen to you. Right?" Someone says behind me. I freeze in my spot. Had that person hear the whole thing? "And you do know it's bad to spy on people?" I question back, still trying not to look at the person behind me.

"And you do know it's rude not to talk to someone without eye contact?" The person, who's voice sounds like a man, says. "And you do know that it's rude to-" I paused. I had turned around and when I had, my eyes met with beautiful chocolate caramel eyes.

And it was like a trance. I couldn't look away. His eyes just drew me towards them. Like I had to stare at them to make them not blind my eyeballs out. The person, who now I can tell looks like a man, raises in a eyebrow in amusement. I just roll my eyeballs and turn back around.

"You were saying?" "Nothing" I mumble, looking down, knowing that he had beat this little game we made. I grab another piece of meat and wave it in the air. The dragon stops moving and fire comes out of his nose. (Just gonna say it's a he)

He makes a grab for it but I held it back. I look straight into the dragons eye and almost like telepathy, I force him down. He makes another reach but I held it back again and the dragon moans in hunger. I gave him the piece of meat and make sure he feels like he is in a soothing place before walking to him.

"Wait. I wouldn't do that if I were you" The man behind me say in anxiety. I just shrug my shoulders and keep walking. I reach up and run my hand back and forth over his nose. The guy scoffs before coming up to the dragon as well.

"What did you say to it?" The man says mostly in shock, but you can tell his voice had little bit of jealousy in it. I just shrug my shoulders again and continue petting it. The dragon sighs and calms down. "So, what's your name?" I ask quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear it. "Charlie" He says almost proud like and grabs my hands to shake it.

I nod my head once, trying to hid the smile slowly creeping onto my face. "Mine's Camryn" He takes a step back and gives me a once over. Or more like a twice over. He nods his head. "Yeah, you do look like a Camryn." "Um, thank you?" I say unsure if I should be happy or weirded out.

"Well, I'll leave you too it." Charlie says. "Wait. You can stay. If you'd like." He puts on a thinking face before his face lights up. "I have an even better idea."