James Sirius Potter - Study

[Edited]

Sophie's POV

"No, you have it wrong." I tell James, "You gotta do this." I grab his hand and wrap my hand around his. I place the wand in his hand and say the spell. "Ok, now you try."

James looks over at me and smirks while completing the spell. I open my mouth to say something but James cut in. "Ok, next spell." He eagerly says. I shake my head and sigh.

I flip the page and tell him the spell. He grabs his wand and tries it but the wand fell out of his hand. I glare at James, knowing now what he was doing. "James, just do the spell."

"But I can't"

"Yes you can."

"No I can't."

"Try really concentrating on it. Then do it." I say in cold voice. James looks over at me and does the spell, making the mouse I caught in a cage turn into flowers. "That's what I thought." I say and get up.

'Wait, where are you going?"

"I think you know how to do the spells." I say and place my book in my bag.

"No, wait. Um, I really can't." I look over to James. He has now stood up as well and was behind his chair. He held a pleading look on his face, begging me to continue working with him.

"Tomorrow." I say with a sigh and walk out of the library, my bag swishing by my side.

***

"So," Rose said, wiggling her eyebrows "How was it like, working with James?" I laugh and just continue reading. "He was lying that he couldn't do the spells."

"No I wasn't!" A voice shouts on the other side of the table.

I roll my eyes and dig my head deeper in my book, hoping Rose wouldn't see my blush. "Are you still working with him then?" I nod my head and take a quick look at Rose before noticing that she wasn't paying attention at all.

"So," I say and close my book, loudly, making her jump in her seat and spin around to face me. "What about you and Scorpius?" This time I wiggle my eyebrows. Her face flushes a deep red color and looks over at Scorpius.

She shrugs her shoulders and looks at the table, deep in thought. "He still hasn't asked me out." I can see her eyes fill with tears. "Why not make him jealous?" I suggest.

She shrugs her shoulders. I smile at her and get back to eating, not knowing the smirk she sent to James.

***

I sigh and flip another page from my book. This was the first time James was late and he never was late. I look around the library once more before getting up. I look down at my wrist where an old rusty watch hung loosely, displaying 6:01.

Yup, late. I place my books inside my bag and quietly walk to the door, making sure I made no noise to disturb the librarian. I place my hand on the door handle and turn it softly. I open the door and look back at the librarian hoping she didn't hear the sound of the rusty door knob squeaking.

I turn back around and find James standing in the door way, his forehead scattered with sweat. I huff and walk around him. His arm blocks the door way making me bounce back. I roll my eyes and try to go under his arm but his leg sticks out blocking me again.

"I can explain." James says, looks down at his watch before looking back at me.

"Ok, explain" I cross my arms around my chest and look around.

"I was at a Quidditch practice."

I raise an eyebrow. "But Quidditch practice is only Monday thru Thursday" James laughs nervously and looks away. I roll my eyes and push his arm and leg out of the way.

***

I rush into the Great Hall and sit with Rose. "Rose" I sigh and run a hand through my lilac hair. "He straight up lied to my face." I look up to see Rose and Scorpius kissing. I slap my hands over my eyes. "Um... awkward. I'll just leave you guys alone."

I rush out of my seat and speed walk out of the hall. As I'm walking to the Gryffindor common room, an arm pulls me back into a wall. My eyes slam shut as my back slams into the wall, a small groan leaving my lips. I bring my hand up behind my back and rub the sore spot for a few seconds. I open my eyes and glare at the person who stands before me.

I roll my eyes as I meet the soft green eyes of James Sirius Potter. "Hey" James says softly. I roll my eyes again, trying not to look at him.

He sighs and grabs my chin making me look at him. He tilts my head up a little and looks at me with a saddened gaze. "I'm sorry for not meeting you at the library on time. I didn't know that you would get mad. Rose told me that I should try and make you jealous."

I raise my eyebrows and look at him pointedly. "So that was a trick to make me fall for you?"

He nods his head before letting me go. "Well, I like-" I stop mid sentence and run away from him down the corridor. Stopping at the corner I turn back and stick my tongue out at him.

I race down the hall, knowing James was following me. I look behind me for a split second and continue racing. My feet skid to a stop when I hear a crash. I turn back to see a bucket full of green ooze all over James, getting his hair sticky and his clothes drenched.

I throw my head back and laugh. I turn back around and continue running, hoping that this day never ended.