Chapter 38

L A U R E N

Mabilis akong bumangon sa kama at nagpalit. Caius was still sleeping and I decided to explore the mansion he wants us to live in. I was biting my lips when I saw a walk-in closet and a remote was placed on the right side. Kinuha ko iyon at may kung ano'ng pinindot para magbukas iyon.

"Wow..." Halos mabitawan ko ang remote sa pagkamangha ko sa nakita.

Different kinds of clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, jewels... it was all placed in an organize way. I walked in and I can't help but to praise the interior and design.

Umupo ako sa isa sa mga sofa doon at tinignan ang buong paligid.

"I want you to live like a queen, Denisse." My eyes gaze upon him who was now smiling at me. "I personalized this for you. Only for you, my queen."

I was left speechless and just ran to him and hugged my king. "Thank you..."

"Do you want to explore the whole mansion? Kakargahin naman kita kapag pagod ka na," he even suggested and I just nodded at him.

We walk hand in hand and he would tell me where is the royal rooms are—well, he named it though. I was smiling all damn time when we throughout the castle—our castle, which he named it too.

Lumabas na kami at umupo sa may pool side.

"I worked hard for me to give you this, my queen. I gathered all my money that I got from the mafia and for the security agency I am working on..."

Napatingin ako sa kanya. "Security Agency?" I asked him.

Tumango siya at hinawakan ang kamay ko. "I want to have a profession with no illegal transactions included, my queen. I started building my agency almost three years ago—right after I left the mafia. Nang dahil naman sa 'yo kung bakit ginawa ko lahat nang ito. Para naman kapag nagkita tayo ulit magiging presentable na ako ulit, wala nang tinatago..."

"Pero, gasoline boy ka..."

Tumango siya muli at hinalikan ang likod ng kamay ko. "That is... I'm hoping that one day, you will have the chance to gas-up your car in the gasoline station, and it happened. It was worth the wait." He smiled at me and kissed me on my lips.

I look away and looked down. "I admitted that I hated you at first, Caius. Kasi, sino ba ang hindi masasaktan? All I thought that between us was pure truths—my love, your love... our love for each other. Tingin ko tuloy sa 'yo noon, pinag-laruan mo ako, na... niloko mo 'ko..." I started crying and he immediately hushed me. "Caius, ang dami kong nalaman tungkol sa 'yo at sa paligid mo. How would I sink in to my mind in just one click? Ang hirap... ang hirap kasing paniwalaan ang lahat..."

"Please forgive me, my queen." Niyakap niya ako at masuyong hinalik-halikan sa noo. I am still crying. We are both suffering on what Mr. B's plan for the both of us. "My brother's anger controlled me until I didn't know how to stop him anymore. 'Yung mafia, diyan na umikot ang buong pamilya namin. Our world was to kill innocent people who will get into our way. When my parents died... my brother searched for you—he never stopped. He knew that you're the reason why our parents d-died..."

Natigilan ako. Natatandaan ko na!

"Oh god, Caius!" I hugged him back. "I am so sorry..."

Bata pa ako noon! I was being playful back then because their car was trying to overtake ours so I decided to throw a ballpen in one of their wheels until a ranging explode were witnessed by ours...

"He wanted revenge, he wanted you to be killed, my queen." He looked at me. "I was just following his orders and then one day..." He paused for a while and touched my hand. "...one day, I fell for you, my queen. It was magical." He smiled at me. "Gusto ko nang itigil ang plano pero hindi ko talaga siya mapigilan. Mapapatay ka niya kaagad kapag tumalikod ako sa mga plano niya. I decided to stay by your side so I can protect you from them. His eagerness to kill you arouse more when I said to him that I love you." Huminga siya ng malalim bag nagpatuloy. "The death threats that your family were receiving was all from the mafia, the bombs that were planted from your father's office... I was the one who putted it. Forgive me..."