Chapter 33

L A U R E N

L A U R E N

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

I just nodded my head and he held my hand. "Thank you for staying," I whispered to him.

He sighed a deep one and tightly smiled. "You should eat. Let's go downstairs?"

He helped me got up from bed and we immediately went downstairs. We were greeted by the maids of our mansion and said that we should wait first for my parents.

It's been... almost one year...

I was thankful Arthur and my parents were there also. I also had my Psychological Therapy every week and it help me to move on with the process a lot. We got help from Psychologists and Counselors to do a Psychological Therapy  designed for me—for the situation I've been through.

"Good-morning, princess..." Mom was all smiles but I can also sense of sadness in her actions and her eyes. 

We started eating and it was one of the mornings that my Dad and Arthur would talk a lot about the company, which I chose to leave from work first until I fully recovered. But I will try to distract myself with the things that will help me through my recovery.

"Don't forget about what we've talked about, Arthur." Dad looked strictly straight to him and I was confused when Arthur nods like his son.

"I'll never forget about it, Mr. Del Valle." Wala nang sinabi si Dad. This looks so confusing. Even my mom doesn't know about this. Mukhang silang dalawa lang ang nakakaalam.

I HAD to meet the therapist for me today. My treatment was almost done and I thank her for the immediate solution for this. My family was a big part too, they helped me a lot through the whole process. Even my nieces were there for me. They were just kids but can understand me well.

Things get better each day.

"Two hours for your treatment today. Is it okay for you?" It was Arthur who was now doing the seat-belt for me.

"It's almost done. I can bear with the time. Are you willing to wait for me?" I asked him.

"I'm always ready to wait for you." He gently said and I know it was twice the meaning.

"Arthur, I just can't... yet." I'm afraid to risk again my heart. My poor heart who has been hurting for the past months.

He touched my hand. "It's fine. Don't force yourself, I am just here for you."

I mouthed him thanks and he started to drive.

Smell of the hospital, screeching sounds, and sometimes... screaming patients. Those were the things that I've been hearing for the past months. At first, it irritates me but Arthur thought me that these were all part of the treatment.

It feels great when every treatment goes well. Yes, it will be a long process but my therapist says that my development is fast. Unlike any other patients that she handled. It also helped that my parents, my best-friend, Lexa and Arthur were always be there.