Chapter 7 A Needle of Truth in A Pile Of Lies

Start from the beginning

...Right. It really is Brother.

"But I don't want to get involved with a dangerous person like him. After all, he's always targeted for kidnap and ransom."

"I agree. But from what I heard, he had found his long lost sister."

"That poor girl."

I disagree with that.

"The girl was a famous singer, right?"

"Ah! Sabrina Luthferd!?? The most beautiful woman I have seen ever alive."

I slid my hat down upon hearing my name.

"Oh come on, Mary! That's just cosmetics."

...Okay?

"No! She rarely wears make up, I tell you!"

....Sure? Will they not talk about brother anymore? If that is so, I shall leave now.

"Ahhhh! Found you!~" I turned around to spot a young male with light blonde hair and a mask that covers his features well... Wait. Is this what people call déjà vu? "We meet again, hooray!~"

"Good afternoon." I greeted with a smile. "Are you perhaps, the one I met during the ball?"

"Yes, that's right! Would you like to converse over a cup of tea... And of course, cake! I can see that you are eyeing that cake for a while now."

"Thank you for the offer but I do not want to hinder you." I said, smiling a bit.

"No, I insist!~ Taking care of my shop is really boring during these days. Come on, help me ease my boredom!~"

He dragged me to a nearby table and pulled out a seat for me. I sat down, thanking him quietly.

He sat on the seat opposite of mine.

"So- how are you?" He asked.

"I am fine." I smiled.

"No more complaints about being a jewelry in a box?"

My cheeks flushed. It is embarrassing that I let out all my emotions to a person I barely knew.

"Y-yes. I apologize if I cause you distress because of my nonsense."

"No, it's fine!~ I'm happy to help a beautiful lady like you!"

"Thank you for the flattery."

"Geez. It's a compliment! Not a flattery." Before I can reply, he spoke. "Anyway! Why are you here?"

"My brother went out because he has work to do and he asked me to go with him."

"So I owe Ciel Phantomhive a favor, huh." He mumbled.

I ignored that remark and started a light conversation. We laughed every now and then and I found myself enjoying. Our tea soon came, carried by a maid in purple that also has a mask... Maybe it is the shop's motif...?

That aside, I really need to ask this question... I cannot keep calling him a man with light blonde hair with a mask that hides his features well.

"Um! What is your name, if I may ask?"

He tilted his head. "Do you need to know?"

"Umm. Yes." I answered.

"Eh~ Why?" His voice got deeper even though he was still speaking in a singsong tone. Is he trying to intimidate me?

"Because I don't know." I answered, nonchalantly.

It is indeed weird that the pitch of his voice changed but I am not really scared of that fact. Even though his icy blue eyes are staring at me with such intensity.

"What if I do not want to tell you?" He asked, as if he was taunting me. Before I can reply, he cut me off once again. "Just kidding!~ Call me Jim." His voice went back to normal.

...I think I find him weird.

"Nice meeting you." I said. "Please call me.. "

...Shall I pick Sabrina? Or Juliana?

....

"I will call you My Princess!" He cheered, clapping. "Olé! ~"

I laughed awkwardly. He chuckled a little at my response. "Am I unusual?"

"Yes." I answered. "But nevertheless, you are a gentleman and I consider you as my friend."

"....Friend?" He asked with a hint of surprise in his tone.

I nodded. "Yes, of course."

I cannot really tell what expression he was making with that mask on.

I looked out the shop's window and it seemed like it was getting dark.. I need to go and look for brother.

"I apologize but I must go." I said, standing up.

"Awww. Okay." He held out his arm which I took and he escorted me out the shop.

The noble women who were gossiping are now gone and the busy streets are starting to calm down.

"Are you going to look for your frowny brother?" Jim asked.

"Yes, it seems so." I answered.

"Well then, good news is you don't have to look for them anymore! ~" he cheered, dragging me to a direction.

"A-ah! Please wait!" I cried out, my shoes being scrapped by the pavement.

He came to a stop near a carriage that resembles ours... Yes, it is indeed ours.

"I find her to be a pain. She can also be annoying." A voice that seems like Brother said.

Who is he referring to?

"Do you care for her, young master?" That sounded like Sebastian.

"I have to. She is my sister after all. But if I have to pick, I don't want Sabrina Luthferd to be my sister."

.....Is that so..? I see. He has been lying to me all these time. I wonder, was there a time that he was sincere with his action towards I?

"...Oooh." Jim mumbled, happiness in his voice evident.

I am starting to think that Jim is sadistic.

I removed myself from Jim's grasp and walked away.

"Hey, wait for me!" Jim shouted, holding my wrists and stopping me from walking.

...I don't know what to feel. Should I feel sad that he does not want me as his sister? Or should I get angry because of the same reason and add the fact that someone is trying to stop me from running away? I do want to do something... And that is to cry.

Jim went in front of me, seeing my tear stained face. It seems like I was crying a little bit earlier than I intend to.

"Shhh." He hushed me, wiping off the tears in my cheeks that was quickly replaced with new ones..

I look so weak and I am not liking it..

"I-I'm alright.".. I stuttered. Amazing. I look so convincing. Please note the sarcasm.

...Crying won't solve this endeavor. I need to calm down.

I took deep breaths before pushing his hands away and wiped my tears.

I have calmed down now.

"I will now take my leave, Jim. I hope that we meet again." I said, bowing a bit.

He lifted his mask up a little, just enough for his lips to be revealed. He kissed my forehead tenderly and slid his mask on once again.

"That is a spell that we will meet again, my sweet princess." He said, mysteriously. "Byie!"

He waltzed away, leaving me to wonder what the kiss was about and where shall I go.

......"Sabrrryy!~" and there goes the answer to my question.