Hope 29 : The Battle Cry

GISELLE'S POV :

"RUN, GISELLE!"

Rebekah yelled at me before attacking the person who opened the truck but he tackled her down very easily and they began to fight like fierce animals. I could only witness them throw violent punches at each other at an inhuman pace while helplessly dragging my body to exit the truck.

"DO NOT STOP UNTIL YOU GET TO NIKLAUS OR ELIJAH!"

She screamed once again and I obeyed her without a second thought. Due to my already weakened state, it was indeed hard to carry my own two feet. However, my instincts itched in my brain even at that moment of desperation. I couldn't leave Rebekah behind because we were supposed to protect each other and she clearly needed assistance. Hence, effectively ignoring the escape option, I attempted to assault the kidnapper from afar. Focusing on my leftover strength, I summoned a temporary boiling sensation in his blood.

Although I felt my limbs weakening faster than usual with every passing bit of magic I unleashed, luckily the spell worked. He dropped crouching to the floor, holding his head and groaning in pain. Seizing the unsought chance, Rebekah sprinted to my side at her vampiric speed. Her body was full of bruises and blood.

"I told you to run, Giselle! You have very le-"

She was just only starting to scold me but all of a sudden, she emitted an excruciating cry. I screamed in terror when her neck snapped from behind within blinking seconds before she fell zonked to the soil. It was the kidnapper. He snatched the talisman off her neck and spun swiftly to face me. Revealing his identity.

"Lockwood?" Panic replaced the tiredness in my muscles when he bolted furiously at me.

"Time to finish my task, witch."

I tried to sprint but he captured me in no time and threw me over his shoulders. I kept kicking and screaming but he moved in his hybrid speed, dizzying my already weary state. While I was fighting back the dizziness due to his extreme pace, he suddenly came to a halt.

"I believe, you took care of Rebekah." Even in that half-conscious state, her voice was clearly recognisable to me. Tyler dropped me harshly and disappeared again.

"Hello again, Balance Keeper." She flashed her most wicked grin.

"DAHLIA??"

Scrambling for stable ground, I fumbled to get steadily on my feet back but she grasped my arms rigidly and hauled me up with force. I yanked away from her instantly and attempted to run. Only to be hit by an invisible barrier square on my chest as it shoved me back. That's when I noticed the circle of ashes and salt that I was trapped in, with her. I tried to identify the type of magic she was preparing but the infinity symbol drawn beneath my feet was completely strange to me.

"What do you think you're doing, Dahlia?" I yelled in anguish but she smugly smirked and bent down. Her scrawny hands reached for mine but I swatted her away.

"GET YOUR BLOODY HANDS OFF ME!!" I roared in her face. To which her smile faded right away as she glared fiercely at me. She grabbed my hands harshly and yanked me to my feet.

"Look, Giselle. You WILL cooperate with me if you want your baby to live."

With that, she summoned the candles and chalices that were set around us to light up and began to chant an unknown incantation. Her hands were gripping mine in a death lock as she screamed the words in my face and I could vividly sense my own body and muscles crippling inside with every word she chanted.