Hope 19 : Blue Talisman

GISELLE'S POV:

My fingers wrapped around the steering wheel tightly as my nails buried deep into the rather pricey leather covers. No matter how many million times I contemplated over the unpleasant piece of information that I've come to bear, I still failed to grasp its intent.

"I think Klaus had underestimated Dahlia. He trusts her a lot!"

Hayley's cautious words from the previous eventful night kept blaring like an anonymous danger alarm in my ears. She strongly believed that Niklaus had certainly misplaced his trust this time. She was bothered that he has been trusting his witch, too much than necessary. Whereas I knew better about him and how the name Niklaus Mikaelson and trust, can never blend in the same sentence. He rarely trusts anyone. Except himself.

"I don't think that she's here to help him, Miss Strega. She isn't even letting him know where she's staying."

Since I had already learned of Dahlia's true motives, I couldn't respond as much as Hayley expected to that. Luckily, she did not notice my rather blank expression to such baffling news.

"She's definitely plotting against Klaus. Or else, why would she want to try recreating the Desiccation Spell? That too, on a hybrid?"

I've always known Hayley's habit of keeping vengeance and last night, as I watched her update me with her keen observations, I witnessed the damage that damned Desiccation Spell had caused her and the amount of hatred she had for Dahlia. However, I still couldn't bring myself to tell her that Dahlia actually intends to perform the bloody spell on the Original Hybrid himself.

My brain kept reprocessing all the information from her as I pulled over before the Lockwood mansion. After several unanswered attempts of calling Hayley, I finally decided to enter the enemy's territory by myself. Holding my chin up, I marched straight inside the supernatural fort only to be rounded up by a fair number of werewolves.

"No witches are allowed in here." One in a black leather jacket growled territorially. Just when I was about to send him flying off the floor, I heard an annoyingly familiar voice speak from behind me.

"I'll say it's better not to mess with her, guys. She's 200% capable of setting you ablaze, right here, right now. Did I get it right, Giselle Strega?" I saw Tyler striding over with his usual smug grin but his alpha wasn't with him. That's when I realised how I didn't sense his presence since the moment I stepped foot in the mansion.

"Well... what brought you here, Giselle? Klaus has gone out of town." 

"Actually she's here to meet me, Tyler."

I turned towards the person who answered on my behalf and saw Hayley walking towards me. She smiled warmly and gestured to follow her, which I did without any questions. Once we were far inside the mansion, away from the hybrids' hearing range, she stopped.

"Miss Strega, did you consider my..." She trailed off when she found my eyes roaming around the place. "Miss Strega, are you alright?"

"Where is... Niklaus?" I clutched my amulet tight and tried relocating his aura, but it was still missing from my radar.

"He had gone out. With.. hmm... His brother." I noticed the slight shade of red forming on her face when she answered reluctantly.

"Elijah?" I guessed.

"Yes. With Elijah." She stated with a weak smile.

That's when I became aware of the absence of not one but all of the Mikaelson siblings at the same time. I've not seen or even heard from any of them since last night, to be precise. They were not in the mansion or anywhere in the nearest locatable range either. The last time they went MIA like this was after the accident in the New Orleans theatre and I was starting to feel an unsettling flinch in my guts as I dwelled on the possibilities. However, I still couldn't oversee the bright side of their unannounced absence though.