Hope 3 : The Spirits (Part Two)

GISELLE'S POV:

Soon following the emotional breakdown that I had after Rebekah Mikaelson left, I found myself playing the old piano like a possessed priest. My thoughts were scattered all over the place and I could not think straight. Not anymore at least. My mind was reconsidering the risk I was about to put myself in this time and that too, in the most twisted way possible.

The Cure.
A hybrid army.
Niklaus Mikaelson.

"What am I supposed to do now?" My hands clasped over the vibrant metal between my clavicles for inner strength as I involuntarily summoned the order of old witches who were waiting in the wings for my call.

"We don't think that you can be trusted with this particular task, young Strega."
One of the old spirits stated firmly.

"Why not? She is the Keeper. There is no one except her to actually accomplish this."
Another spirit appeared for my support and I recognized her voice in a heartbeat.

Spirits are supposedly ancestors and deceased witches with very strong magic. My mother used to tell me stories about how Spirits would always protect and watch over other witches and help them in need. Even though I didn't know who each one of them exactly was, I could still differentiate between their voices. And this particular One was my Favorite Spirit. The one that has been guiding me throughout my blessed existence from the very beginning.

"Yes, there is no one else but this is a different issue."

The earlier Spirit stated firmly but I was starting to get impatient with their ridiculous debate. What issue could possibly exist? As far as I was aware, I have been serving nature in every way possible for all these centuries. From Prison Worlds to the Travelers Curse, I can literally list out a book full of accomplishments if those could be included in my job resume.

"It's regarding this Original Hybrid. Every time he enters the frame, she tends to ignore her duties and break our witch codes. Do not deny the obvious, Giselle."

I couldn't help but remain silent because her statement was true enough though. Just the mention of his name alone was sufficient to trigger my weakness and I could never think straight whenever he was involved. Why, because Niklaus Mikaelson was indeed my kryptonite and I would do anything to keep him safe. I mean... Who wouldn't do that when they're in love, right? And I... Like every other girl, wanted to do the best for him. To make him happy. However it never really worked out well for me though. Every time I grew close to Nik or sided with him, something tragic will surely occur.

For instance, back during Christmas in 1914, I had the chance to meet Nik again after decades. Although that specific gathering wasn't as joyous as I hoped it would be for us, I was still embraced with warm welcomes by the rest of the Mikaelsons. Especially, by the youngest brother of all whom I've not seen since the 11th centuries.

Kol Mikaelson.

Nik always addressed him as The Wily Fox due to his consistent sequence of unending mischiefs and mayhem. However, he only did those to draw the attention of his very own siblings who failed to pay him much and I, the psychiatric witch, learned it from the first decent conversation I had with the lonesome boy. After which, we became good friends and I eventually became his rock.

Until one fateful day.

Flashback ~ 1914, New Orleans.