Hope 1 : A Strega Witch

GISELLE'S POV:

I ran as fast as I could in the muddy woods. However, the footsteps (or paw steps) didn't stop getting closer and closer no matter how much I paced up. It was coming to me. I kept watching my back while my legs moved forward in full speed and I swear, I almost died in utter shock when I attempted to turn around. The creature soared at me from the side with a loud roar. Even in that crucial moment between life and death, my hypothetical mind reminded me to examine every direction the next time.

Only... if there was a next time.

I shut my eyes tighter to avoid looking in the eyes of my death while it began climbing over my tensed body. Growls grew nearer. I thought of my mother as I decided to accept my end. And... that's when I heard it. Another growl. Deep and dangerous. My body slowly turned in that direction. But before I could bring enough courage to open my eyes, the creature above me was tackled down by the other one. And right there, I witnessed them fight furiously.

Growling and pouncing at each other with extreme force. It was quite a traumatic sight to watch for souls with a weak heart but right then, I noticed something unusual. They seemed nothing like normal wolves, both of them. They looked bigger and scarier. The one that attacked me was black and greyish a little. I realized how it looked smaller compared to the other one. Or maybe... the other one was bigger than usual. It was a golden brown wolf with an unbelievably gigantic figure. Its golden fur glowed in the moonlight, which enhanced its majestic trait more.

It seemed like an Alpha.

Or that's how they call it, I supposed.

While I was lost in my own thoughts their fight grew intense and both of the beasts were bleeding. At last, one of them backed off with a hollow howl that left me with goosebumps. And right at that moment... it happened. The remained wolf began moving towards me. Before I could even think about running for my life, it was already hovering on top of me. Panting heavily. Although it was just a mere beast, its features were still impossible to miss even from afar. But now... it was just a breath away from my face. Offering me a better and clearer view of its magnificent self.

It looked strong and extremely dangerous. Its eyes were the colour of dawning sky. Perfectly in contrast with its contoured fur. I was amazed by how those golden orbs had emerald outlines like a painting drawn by the tips of a professional artist's brush. My hands unknowingly attempted to touch its face, but the beast's low growl brought me back to reality. I realized how I had lost all abilities to move. I wondered.

How was it possible for it to not stink like a dog? As I was busy admiring a wolf, technically, I failed to notice the return of the former black wolf but this time, with its pack along. The beast and I had a brief moment of eye contact as I sincerely hoped in my head, for him to not leave. He held my gaze for just one single second but it somehow felt like an eternity to me. With one final growl and a glance that was supposed to mean something I don't quite comprehend, the beast retreated from my frozen figure and attacked the pack.

"Baby I'm preying on you tonight
Hunt you down, eat you alive
JUST LIKE ANIMALS!
LIKE ANIMALS!
LIKE ANIMALS! YEAH!!!"

I woke up to the startling sound of my cell phone blaring with an alarm tone perfectly suiting my dream. Sighing to myself, I got off the comfortable bed and headed off to start my day like a normal human. The images of that dream kept dancing in my thought as the water from the showerhead rained over me. That incident... it happened centuries ago. But still... still it was so fresh like it happened yesterday in my mind and memories.