Hope 24 : Love You More

GISELLE'S POV:

Flashback ~ 14th Centuries, Italy.

I was in the midst of nowhere when I opened my eyes. A bright ball of light was the only visible thing to me. Was I dead already?

"Giselle, don't be afraid."

A very soothing voice of a woman spoke through the clouds of light and I recognized it right away. It was the same voice I heard inside my head during the massacre.

"What is happening to me? Who are you...?" I asked nervously.

"You are chosen to be the true Balance Keeper, my dear and I, I am a Spirit."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that... You're no longer a normal Witch, Giselle. You're chosen to be the Last Balance Keeper, the shield of pure magic on earth and that makes your soul everlasting from now on." I snapped out of the dream at once.

I was just about to recall the weird dream before its vividity vanished from my mind but the tragedy of the earlier night superseded itself into my subconscious. The massacre... Abby... Niklaus! Just then, a familiar voice became faintly audible to my sense.

"'Cause you see the shelter as the storm
Holding wind to keep you warm
You were everything to me
This is why I have to leave
So, sleep well, my angel
Sleep well, my angel..."

I've heard this song before. I lifted my heavy eyelids to look at him. He stopped singing and glanced down at his chest where I was laying.

"Giselle... What is it, love?" Concern. One of his most profound emotions that only I knew.

"I know this song. Someone sang it to me, on the day of that... Wolf accident but I can't recall clearly and you, you sound exactly like him." I tried harder to remember.

He gently lifted my chin up, to meet his blue orbs. "It WAS... me, angel!" I shot up from his chest right away.

"IT WAS YOU? The alpha wolf?"

He nodded. "I saw you for the first time in the woods... when that pack attacked you and I've been watching over you since then, love. You just pulled me, angel. I-"

His words were muted when I captured his lips heartily. His lips moulded with mine perfectly as his hands travelled all over my body. Arousing my senses. A tempting moan escaped his mouth when I rained lingering kisses down his throat till his bare chest.

In a huff, he switched our positions and hovered on top of me. The desire was dancing in his features. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tugged him nearer. His lips traced my jawline and neck hungrily, while his grabby hands slipped under my shirt.

Sensing something unusual on my body, I pulled away from him and glanced down at my clothing. Only then did I realize that I was wearing nothing except his shirt. And he was... Naked.

"You were soaking wet, love. That's why I had to remove your clothes. I'll get them for..." He moved to get down from the bed but I held his wrist firmly.

"I don't want to get dressed... Yet.." A satisfied smirk appeared on his face as he caressed my face.

"Then don't, love." He murmured against my lips before our mouths met in another heated smooch. His hands moved south as he began undoing the shirt at his inhuman speed.

We fell on the bed, our naked bodies dangling together in a newfound urge. Soft moans and chuckles filled the room amidst our amorous kisses. I somehow still managed to speak beyond the merciless pleasure his lips were showering all over my body.

"I... I love you, Nik." My words stopped him instantly. Fear struck me like lightning when he removed his hands from my thighs and slightly pulled away. His entire body stiffened in shock. Have I said something inappropriate?

"Nik... I.." But he silenced me with a long deep kiss. It wasn't rushed but passionate enough for me to completely melt in his lips. Breaking the kiss, he bored into my eyes soulfully. Pressing our foreheads together, his signature smile made its way on his irresistible lips.

"I'm in love with you... too, angel. And. I. LOVE. YOU. MORE." Happy tears streamed down my face when he pressed his lips over mine again but with more fervent and hunger. His strong arms caressed me gently while he undid me at his own pace. Alluring me with unknown pleasures that made me shudder in his touch.

♣♣♣

I wiped away the stains of tears that reminiscence of my most beautiful memory brought me. I love him more too and it's finally my chance to prove it. I drew a circle with salt and ashes and stepped in the middle of it.

Beginning with an ember spell to ignite fire around me, I continued with the fire manipulation spell. Upgrading the flames to a giant layer of the hazardous blaze.

"Phasmatus Ignitium Dos Ex Salvo, Phasmatis Ignitium Dos On Salvo, Phasmatis Ignitium Dos On Salvo." A golden flame appeared gloriously all around.

"Ex Spiritum In Tacullum, En Terrum Incendium, Phasmatos Salves A Distum." And it built up viciously.

Every last drop of energy and strength started exiting my body. I could feel myself losing life force but still, I pushed myself to finally... Strip magic off my veins.

"Ex Spiritum In Tacullum, En Terrum Incendium, Phasmatos Salves A Distum."

Blood began dripping heavily from my ears and nose but I still continued chanting. The blaze of the flame I evoked rose beyond my height as it began to twist around me. I focused every ounce of anger and agony I had left to amplify the fire because my misery and sadness can only cause thunderstorms and lightning. And they're not enough to end it all.

After what felt like an eternity, I could finally sense it happening... My self-massacre was working out. Just when I was about to be completely knocked out of sense, I heard the one voice that always messed with my emotions. I saw him running to me and falling back due to the vehemence of my magic. I tried to focus on my self-destruction but he kept calling out my name. 

Amidst the fiery flames, I caught the one sight, I'd never fathomed before. He fell onto his knees and... started to cry. The moment I saw that Niklaus Mikaelson was shedding tears in sorrow, my anguish began to transform into complete misery as the fiery flame I created died out without a trace. Only to be replaced by a heavy thunderstorm.

♣♣♣♣♣♣