Hope 9 : Vengeance Over Love

GISELLE'S POV:

"Oh! Come on, Giselle! Aren't you already spending every night with him?" Abigail was trailing after me like a lost puppy while I inattentively grabbed another piece of clothing and spread it on the line. Desperately trying to hide the burning blush that was forming due to her absurd claims.

"Abby, don't say it like that. We were just talking! Niklaus is a fine gentleman." She giggled playfully.

"Oh really? Have you kissed him already?" I rolled my eyes in utter disbelief. This girl is beyond ridiculous. I knocked her head with my elbow and resumed with the laundry while she raved on with her never-ending whinings.

"Giselle, please say yes. Mr Mikaelson won't fall ill without your company for one single night."

"Abigail! I am not going to follow you anywhere and neither will I let you go. It's way too dangerous!"

Of all the creepy kinds of stunts she had attempted so far, this one unopposedly topped the list. She wanted to secretly witness the execution of witches that night. On every new moon, the Salem Count's court executed witchcraft practitioners like cattle. In Salem, practising magic has been forbidden after the sudden consecutive events of mysterious fix attacks among the locals.

To prevent further chaos and lives lost, the Count appointed Olivia and my father as the main people in charge of capturing the witches. As strange as it sounds, I could never really deduce about how Olivia was able to identify witches in the first place. Still, somehow, she always did and at least one of them would be mercilessly executed on every new moon.

It's been befalling since my mother's death which is also dubiously after Olivia's arrival at our village.

Witches are alleged as a threat here.

"Giselle, it's going to be different this time! I heard rumours!" I didn't have to look at her face because the excitement was very obvious from her eagerly tone itself.

"Rumour has it that tonight, some people are coming to rescue the witches. From the French Quarters, they said."

"Whatever that means, Abby. You know I'm prohibited from leaving the mansion except on my mother's birthday."

"Ah! You're such a bore, Giselle." She stomped away in annoyance.

"Then will you attend the Count's dance this year, at least?" She asked again. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't offer a favourable response to that either. I have never been to the Count's Annual Ball before. Actually, I've never been to any social events in the past whole decade, to be honest. It was not because I didn't want to but because I wasn't allowed to.

So, I simply shook my head in silence. Without warning, she grabbed a nearby pail of water and splashed it over the clean clothes that I just finished drying.

"ABIGAIL!!"

Despite being well aware that Olivia will skin me alive if she sees this, my little sister started laughing as she began bolting towards the door. Grabbing the other pail of soapy water, I caught up to her just in time before she stepped foot inside the mansion and emptied the entire content on her head.

"WAIT! WHAT- GISELLE!"

His whole body stiffened as he yelped my name aloud, causing me to yell in shock as well. However, it was already too late when I realized that I had actually poured the soapy water on Niklaus instead of Abigail, by mistake.