Chapter 13; Big Changes

Disclaimer; I do not own Twilight or any of the Twilight Characters, I only own my own characters and the storyline
Bella's POV
After the whole thing with the car, and Edward confusing the hell out of me, I started to do some research on him and his family.
A couple weeks ago when I was visiting LaPush with my friends is when I got my big break.
Jacob Black, the kid that fixed my car took a walk with me, he started to tell me these old tribe legends that had to do with the Cullen's, this gave me what I needed to figure out that the Cullen's were not human,
When I approached Edward about it he seemed tense.
Today I'm going with Angela and Jess to pick out their dresses for the upcoming dance.
I got into the car with the girls and we were in our way.

Elaine's POV
Carlisle and I were laying in his bed watching Casablanca when Alice came running in with a worried expression,

"Edward just called he said that Bella and him are at an Italian restaurant in Porte Angeles,"
What was so bad about that?
I thought.
"By the end of the night, she'll know everything."
She whispered,
Carlisle looked at me, he looked shocked but not really scared.
"Is he going to tell her?" He asked,
Alice shook her head.
"No, she finds out by herself, I don't know how though, some of my visions when I was watching her last weekend were blocked."
She explained, I raised an eyebrow to that,
Blocked?
What did that mean?
Alice sat down at the end of the bed and looked at the tv.
"Watching the classics?" She asked with a smile, I laughed and said,
"Nothing but the classics,"
Carlisle hasn't said much since Alice told us about the girl.
I sighed,
"Alice, can we have a little time to talk?" I whispered, she looked at me and nodded knowing that Carlisle must be nervous about what this means to the family.
She skipped out, shutting the door after her.
I turned so that I was facing him, and touched his cheek with my thumb.
"What's wrong, my darling?"
I whispered.
He took my hand in his kissing it, then sighed,
"I don't know, I'm just a little nervous, I mean, a human knowing, it can complicate things,"
He whispered. I nodded,
"Well, if it makes Edward happy then we'll just have to deal."
He nodded this time,
"I know, he's been unhappy for so long, when we found you he seemed to become more alive, but he deserves the chance at being with his mate too."
I smiled at him and then kissed his lips softly.
"I love you so much," I said,
"And I you, my beautiful girl."

Carlisle's POV
I pulled her into me,
She thinks I'm nervous about Edward and the human girl but really I'm nervous about the small ring box in my pocket.
My mothers ring was sitting in this box, she told me to give it to the love of my life, now your probably thinking, how did he get it back from Esme?
Truth is, I never gave it to Esme, it just didn't feel right.
Don't get me wrong I loved her, but nothing like the way I feel for Elaine.
I sat there watching the movie trying to build up the courage to ask her to be mine.
"Elaine?" I blurted out, she looked at me smiling like always,
"Yes, my darling?" she whispered.
"There's something I've been meaning to ask you,"
She raised an eyebrow, I grabbed the controller turning off the tv.
She laughed,
"Carlisle, what's going on?"
I sighed and then stood up, she was about to stand with me but I stopped her.
She sat back down.
I kneeled down,
By this point she was holding her mouth with her hands, I didn't know wether or not this was a good sign, so I continued.
"Elaine, you are my best friend. I love you more than anything in the world, I want to spend eternity with you,"
I started, She smiled,
"What I'm trying to ask,"
I pulled out the box,
She gasped.
"Will, you do me the enormous pleasure, of being my wife?"

Elaine's POV
Carlisle just proposed! And now he's kneeling down waiting for an answer, I forgot how to speak, but even before it came out I knew what my answer was going to be,
"Yes!" I finally got out,
He smiled,
"Yes?"
"Yes! Oh God yes!!"
I cried jumping on him.
He laughed, and hugged me tight.
"I love you so much,"
I said, he hugged me tighter,
Than he pulled back, I couldn't stop smiling, he grabbed my left hand, he slipped this beautiful ring into my ring finger.
It was shaped like a rose and the band part was shaped like the stem of a flower. I was in love with it.
"Wow," I whispered.
"It's beautiful,"
He smiled and then answered with,
"Not nearly as beautiful as you."
I laughed, he sure did know how to make a woman happy.
I kissed him harshly, and then before I knew it he was carrying me back to the bed.
He was on top of me, he kissed my neck, I wanted him so badly that it hurt, he started to undo the buttons of my shirt.
I pulled at his pants, and successfully got them off.
He threw my shirt on the floor and started to kiss my stomach, this made me shiver.
I almost forgot how to speak but I managed to get out the words,
"Pants off,"
I could feel him chuckle. He pulled my pants off to expose my lace pink underwear.

Edwards POV
I walked into the house and walked right out again,
I did not want to hear the thoughts going on upstairs.
Carlisle is like a dad to me and Elaine is my sister so you can see why that would be a little weird for me.
I ran towards Bella's house, it was around three in the morning, she's probably sleeping.
I finally made it to her house, I climbed up the tree and through the window.
I stood by the foot of her bed, watching her sleep.
"Why did you have to be so damn stubborn,"
I whispered.
She stirred a little in her sleep, I walked to the window, before I left I heard her whisper
"Edward," I looked to make sure I didn't wake her,
She was still sleeping.
I jumped out of her window and climbed down the tree, I started walking towards the house at human speed, I needed time to think.
I was walking through the woods when I saw Elaine standing there, leaning on a tree.
She was wearing a long mint green dress. It had lace on the top and the bottom and fit her body perfectly.
She looked so much like mom, except she use to have lighter hair, and Elaine has a darker brown.
She smiled at me, and I smile back.
"How was your night with Carlisle?" I asked,
She smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.
"You don't want to know about that, but I do want to know about Bella,"
I rolled my eyes,

"Well, she knows about us now, the girls too smart for her own good,"
She laughed and started to walk,
"I didn't mean about that, I meant about you two being in love,"
I laughed again, Elaine was always trying to make me fall in love when we were kids.
"I don't even know her that well,"
"Yeah, but you don't have to, I read that you only need to know someone for four minutes to truly fall in love with them."
I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay, but how are Carlisle and you doing?"
I ask, she smiles and hold up her left hand,
I would say I was shocked but I'm not, I saw Alice's vision earlier.
I smiled and pulled her into a hug,
She hugged me back,
"Are you sure this isn't too weird for you?"
She whispered into my shoulder.
I shook my head,
"No, I just want you to be happy Lane,"
I whispered into her hair.
She hugged me tighter. We were close to the house when we both smelled them.
Three stranger scents were coming from the north, we both ran towards them,
"Do you recognize them?" I asked, she shook her head,
"No,"
We continued to run until we reached the treaty line.
"So that's were the wolves land starts?"
I nodded,
"God they smell bad,"
I chuckled at this a nodded.
"Well, whoever it is, it's the wolves problem now."
We walked back towards the house,
"Do you think the people we were chasing were the ones that killed that fisherman?"
"Probably, Bella's father was friends with him, I'll see what I can find out."
We finally made it to the house,
"When will I get to meet this wonderful lady?"
She asked as she walked up to the porch.
"Tomorrow actually, Alice said she sees me coming to introduce you guys,"

Carlisle car was already gone, he must have taken the early shift.
"Where's Carlisle?"
I asked,
Elaine shrugged,
"Had to take a shift at the hospital after we were done with- well you know."
I nodded.
"Okay well I'm gonna start to get ready for school, do you have any classes today?"
I asked,
"Today is Friday?" She asked, I nodded,
She sighed then said,

"Yeah I have my intro to philosophy class,"
"Okay well I'll see you later,"
She smiled and walked upstairs. I walked into the living room where Jasper and Emmett were sitting playing some sort of Video game.
I took a seat next to Jasper,
"How was watching your girl sleep?"
He whispered,
Emmett laughed and then said,
"That's where you went!"
I rolled my eyes.
"Shut it Em,"
"He continued to laugh until Rose came down wearing a very sexy red jumper.
"Hey babe, you guys playing nice?"
She asked sitting on Emmett's lap.
Both Jasper and I rolled out eyes.
"Don't we always?"
I asked.
She laughed,
"How's it going with the human girl?" She sneered.
Jasper sent a wave of calm through the room before I had the chance to say anything to mean,
"She has a name you know,"
I muttered.
Rose chuckled and just said,
"I don't care enough to learn it,"
I was about to say something really mean but before I could Elaine came downstairs in a white dress with blue ribbon all around it.
"Kids be nice to each other, I'll see you after school okay?"
She said.
I nodded,
"Yeah, I'll see you then." She walked out and we all went to our rooms to prepare for school.