His hand slipped out of the t-shirt before slowly running up to Luke neck and then his face. Ashton's hand cupped Luke's cheek softly, making sure not to wake to young boy up, before running the pad of his thumb back and forth.

All Ashton could see was pure beauty. He didn't know real beauty could walk around on its own, Ashton always believed that beauty was in an object or in nature, but not in human kind.

Human kind wasn't beautiful, human kind was horrible. Human kind was bland and dangerous, killing everything in sight to make selfish profits. Human kind believed they cared, acted like they were trying to make a change, when in reality human kind was doing nothing else but destroying everything in its way.

Ashton's a part of human kind. Ashton's dangerous and selfish, destroying everything in his way and selfishly killing to make sure he was always the one out alive. The only difference between Ashton and the rest of human kind is that Ashton isn't hiding from the portrait painted of himself.

Most people wanted to look as good as possible, but Ashton already knew he was bad, so he didn't act like he was anything else.

But Luke was beauty itself. Luke was colorful and good. He cared about every single thing around him, making him the least selfish creature out there. Luke cared, actually wanting to make a change in the world, and doing everything in his power to make it true.

So Ashton had a hard time believing Luke was a part of human kind, because he was just so beautiful.

Just one more proof that Luke was an angel.

Ashton shut his eyes closed harshly and held his own breath to hear Luke's calm ones, making Ashton relax once again.

Ashton opened his eyes and looked at his pretty boy before placing a kiss on Luke's forehead softly. The hand that was previously placed on Luke's cheek traveled up to Luke's tussled - yet soft - blond hair.

Ashton ran his fingers through it, the soft strands of sunny-blond hair made goosebumps appear in Ashton's skin, before letting his hand fall to the back of Luke's neck.

Ashton bit his lip and listened to Luke's breaths as he ran his thumb back and forth against the blonde's porcelain skin.

"Three thousand" Ashton whispered as Luke breathed out softly again.

With that, Ashton moved forward again and placed his lips against Luke's cheek, kissing the spot before moving over to the other cheek and kissed that as well.

Ashton ran his hand up in Luke's hair and was just about the kiss the younger boy's forehead again when his fingertips felt something unfamiliar behind Luke's left ear.

Ashton leaned up with a frown on his face and turned Luke's head slowly to not wake the boy up, before narrowing his eyes on the skin behind the ear.

Ashton laid completely still and gritted his teeth harshly when watching the unfamiliar rashes and marks of nails on the pale skin. Ashton carefully ran his thumb over it again, clenching his jaw when feeling small bumps on the skin.

They only covered around an inch of Luke's skin, but the faint red and white spots covering that part of the skin made Ashton's heart thump uncomfortably against his chest.