Take Twenty-Three

IT WAS already midnight, but still I couldn't get myself to sleep. Maybe because of what Jasper told me earlier. I kept on thinking about it and it's so frustrating. I decided to go out of the room, but I was startled when I heard someone playing the piano downstairs. I wasn't scared of ghosts or anything, so I descended the stairs quietly to peek at whoever was playing the piano.

The music being played was soft and quiet and soothing to the ears that it was luring me to come closer. I wasn't an expert when it comes to music, but the melody was definitely something to die for. I was already nearing the lounge room and I could see the silhouette of the person sitting infront of the piano. The lights were turned off, so only the lights coming from outside the villa served as my guide.

Slowly, I took careful steps forward while listening to a soft voice singing. Soon after, I realized that it was a guy's voice singing. The lyrics were meaningful and obviously directed towards a girl. I got even more curious because of it.

My heart is struggling, the night is torture,
I miss you so much, do you even remember?
I can't fall asleep, I want to believe just for a second,
don't forget me yet.

Right now, I remember
even our boring conversations
I want to see you right now, I miss you

The night spent with you
remains deep in my heart
I still long for you as I sing this song.

A sad night after letting you go
A night without you
I've gotten used to you
But you won't ever come back on this sad night
Tonight.

I ended up listening to the whole song, even though I already knew who was singing it. It's just so funny why I was suddenly affected by it. The song wasn't meant for me. I knew it was for her girlfriend - Ahra. But, every word struck my heart like daggers. I didn't even know why I still stayed there and listened to his song.

I was about to go up the stairs, when suddenly, he stood up and looked at me. He wasn't surprised to see me. It was as if he knew I was there all along listening to him. I trembled at the way his eyes bore into mine. I took a breath. "I...i'm going upstairs," I muttered, as I hastily turned my back at him.

"Chastity, wait!" He suddenly mumbled, stopping me.

"What?" I asked, turning back at him again.

"I know you're still mad at me." He said, as he made his way towards me.

"Don't come near me!" I warned him, but he didn't stop, until he was only a foot away from me. "I said don't, Tristan!"

"Chastity... I want you to know that everything I said and done was all from here." He pointed at the upper left part of his chest. "I admit that I initially wanted to use you. But everything changed after I knew you. I want you to believe that."

I shook my head, stifling a sarcastic laugh. "Are you done now?"

"Damn it, Chastity! I am jealous of Jasper. It hurts me seeing you with him, especially the past few days. And it hurts me even more because you're avoiding me." He caught my arm, tightening it, as if letting me know how intense he was feeling inside.

He didn't know that I was also tensed up, but I tried to compose myself. I shouldn't be affected to anything that he's saying. He's a lying douchebag! I reminded myself. "That's nice. I don't even get why you're wasting your time playing with me when you have Ahra, whom you obviously love so much."

"Chastity, what we had back then were good memories and she will always be a part of me. And now that I've found you, I want you to fill up everything that's been left."

"What? That is bullcrap, Tristan!" I shouted at him. "Are you hearing yourself? You want me to fill that gap which she left? What am I to you then?" I wasn't able to control myself anymore. I wasn't even sure why I asked him that.