Take Twenty-One

MY hand got sore after slapping him. It was my first time to do such thing. I had the urge to punch him in the face but I resorted to slapping. I wanted to make him feel the way I was feeling. I was so mad at him for what he did. I didn't even know why I was so affected at the fact that he only pretended to like me. I should be happy, right? But, no. I wasn't happy at all.

He slowly turned to face me again after recovering from that shock. "I don't understand why you did that. But if that's what you want, I'm more than happy to endure it."

I creased a brow at him. "You really want me to play in this little game of yours? You want me to pretend that I like you back for us to win this show? Damn you, Tristan!" I punched his chest over and over, while sobbing like a little kid. I probably looked pathetic infront of him right now.

But he didn't move no matter what I did to him. "Chastity, what are you talking about?" He finally asked, holding both my hands.

I stopped punching him, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Skye told me everything. You can't fool me now, you devil! Jerk! I hate you so much! And I hate myself for actually believing in you. I don't wanna ever see you again. Just leave me alone."

Tristan dropped my hands and watched me burst into tears again. He didn't even explain or defend himself, which only meant that it was all true. I had no reason to stay there anymore so I ran away from him. I couldn't afford to show him that I was affected by what he did.

I was running while looking down the ground so I almost collapsed when I bumped into someone infront of me. When I looked up, I saw Jasper looking at me. "Chas, where have you bee-k?" He asked, hiccupping. "I was...looking all over for you."

I quickly wrapped my arms around him. "Jasper!" I was glad to see him because I needed his comfort at that moment. But then, I smelled something weird from his scent. "Jasper, you're dead drunk!"

"What? I just drank a little...hik!" He explained, still hiccupping.

"Come on, I'll take you to your room." I told him, but he stopped me.

He rested his forehead on my shoulder. "Let's rest here for a while."

"But Jasper..." I objected. "Fine. But not like this." I helped him get to his knees so we were now both sitting down the grassy lawn, only his head was resting on my lap. "You shouldn't have drunk too much during the game. Look at yourself!" I scolded him, playing with his hair.

He smiled. I noticed his cheeks were red. He was really dead drunk. "Stop telling me off now, Chas. I know something is up with you. Why were you crying?"

"What? I wasn't crying." I lied.

"What did that douche do to you again?"

"Nothing." I said, looking up the night sky to avoid his eyes.

There was silence for a while. I looked at him again. His eyes were closed this time. He must've fallen asleep already. I was preparing myself on how to carry him to their room, when suddenly he spoke. "Chas, wanna know something?"

"Huh?" I asked back.

He slowly opened his eyes to look at me. "The thing that Sab told you before. Do you remember that?" He paused. I nodded. "It's true. I've been in love with a girl for years now."

I suddenly got excited and anxious upon hearing that. "Really? What kind of girl is she? Do I know her?"

He smiled at me, touching the tip of my nose with his index finger. "She's loud and blunt. She's average in class, but pretends to be smarter than the smartest in school. She loves riding bikes and skateboards, prefers to play ball and video games than go shopping, doesn't even cut her nails not if I tell her to."