Take Thirteen

I hit my head on the concrete several times to wake myself up in this nightmare. I was hoping that I was just having a nightmare than stay in this show. But to my dismay, I kept on getting hurt everytime I hit myself so that meant I wasn't dreaming. Ugh. This is not supposed to be happening. "What did I ever do to deserve this?" I muttered to myself, as I hit my head again on the concrete near the kitchen area.

Just then, I felt a hand on my forehead stopping me from hitting myself again. "You really love breaking things with your forehead, huh?"

I looked up and saw Jasper laughing at me. His hand was still on my forehead so I shoved it away. "And you really love interrupting me whenever I'm doing this, huh?" I answered him back.

He nodded. "It's 11:30. What are you still doing here? Everyone's already having their beauty rest."

"And what about you? What are you still doing here?" I asked back.

"You always have something to counter, Chas. Anyway, I heard you breaking the wall so I came down." He said, suppressing a laugh.

"Ha-ha. Not funny, Jasper."

"Okay. Okay. I came down because I was hungry. And you're in luck cause I'm in the mood to cook right now." He said, proceeding to the cabinets to get the pans.

"Seriously you're gonna cook in the middle of the night?" I creased a brow at him.

"Why? Can't a person cook at this time of the night?" He answered without turning back at me. He was so busy preparing whatever he's gonna cook.

I decided to sit down on the counter and just watch him. "So what're you gonna cook, chef?"

"Pasta ala Jasper." He answered, turning to me with a smile.

"That is so not appetizing to me." I shook my head at him.

"Ha! Just wait and see." He said, as he started to cook his new experiment.

****

FEW minutes later, Jasper's dish was served infront of me. I stared at it for a while, examining its palatability. I looked at him. He was grinning at me like the proud chef that he was. "Are you sure this is edible?" I asked him.

"Aye! You haven't tried it yet." He said, twirling the pasta using the fork he's holding.

"Here." He moved the fork towards my mouth.

"Mmm-mmm..." I said, shutting my mouth and shaking my head.

"Come on, Chas. Say ahhh!" He said, like I was a baby being fed by her dad.

I rolled my eyes at him, but I gave in. If I collapsed here, they'd know who or what to blame. I opened my mouth as he pushed the fork of pasta inside it. I chewed slowly trying to determine its taste. It didn't taste like the ordinary pasta that I'm used to but... it did taste quite delicious.

"So? How is it?" He asked, looking at me and anticipating for my answer.

"Well for one, the pasta seemed to be undercooked. But the sauce... it's tasty." I said, giving him a thumbs-up.

"See what I mean?" He said smugly.

"Yeah. Yeah I get it. You're a better cook than I am." I admitted.

"Of course I am. You only know how to fry and boil."

I raised my palm infront of his face, stopping him. "Yes Jasper. I get it."

He suddenly turned serious while looking at my hand. "Wait... where is it?" He said, holding my hand.

"Where is what?"