Take Four

"What did you just say?" Sab asked hysterically, after I told her that my bike just got stolen by some strange-looking thief.

"Ssssshh! Can you lower your voice? Mom will hear you." I silenced her with my hand.

"B-but... you just got robbed!" She stated in a loud voice again.

"You make it sound like I own a huge bank. Can we just move on with our movie?" I told her, tossing the crumpled paper on my bedside table.

Sab turned to look at the paper and grabbed it. "What's this?" She unfolded the paper and read, "If you didn't see me, you didn't see me and you wouldn't ever know?"

"Never mind that. That's nothing."                      

"This is not nothing, Chas. Tell me."

I groaned. I knew that she wouldn't let it pass again not until I tell her. "That thief gave that to me."

"What?"

"You want me to repeat it again?"

"No! I mean... why would he give this to you? Is he some crazy psycho stalker?"

"No I wouldn't bet on that. Now give me that back so I can burn it tomorrow." I tried to grab the paper but Sab held it tight in her hand.

"No Chas! We're keeping this."

"WHY?"

"Just let me keep it!"

I gave up. "Fine. Whatever you want," I said, as I played the movie on the laptop.

Just then, Sab's phone rang. I focused on the movie while hearing Sab talking over the phone. "You're coming over? No! It's girls night-out! God! Fine. Fine. Bye."

As soon as she hanged up, I didn't have to ask her who the caller was. I already knew it was Jasper. He always has this habit of coming over whenever we're trying to bond together.

"He's coming," Sab muttered.

"Figured that out seconds ago," I answered, munching my Pepero sticks.

"Should I tell him about what happened to you?"

I turned to her on my side. "Don't!"

"Why not? He's gonna help us find whoever stole your bike."

"No need, Sab."

"Fine."

We fell silent after that as we watched the movie, She's All That. Yeap, you could say we love '90s movies.

Few minutes later, Jasper showed up with two boxes of pizza in his hands. "Thought you might be starving already." He said, sitting next to me on the floor and laying the pizza infront of us.

I quickly opened the box, grabbed a slice and eat it with pure delight. The good thing about him coming over was that he always knew what to bring – food.

"Wow okay. Thank you very much, Chas," he told me as he watched me finish the slice in a minute.

"Thanks," I mumbled while chewing.

"You've got a pretty good timing bringing her fave food, brother considering the fact that her bike just got stolen." Sab covered her mouth after saying that. Yeah, she just really can't shut her mouth most of the time.

I glared at her, while Jasper looked at me. "What? How? When? Where?" He interrogated like an inspector.

"What's done is done," I muttered, grabbing another slice of pizza.