Dan Howell 5

A/N this was a request from a girl on DA and i based it off the song Heartbreak Girl from 5SOS because its amazing and asdfgghkg;ndhlkjsfdfj i hope you guys like it! - Mel xx

For the past 3 years, the same thoughts crowded my head before I went to sleep. I just wished that Ronnie could see I was the one for her and not all of those jock guys she always went out with. Maybe I should tell her how I felt soon… maybe she’d finally realize that instead of being used then thrown away, I’d keep her close to me. My phone broke my train of thoughts when it rung from somewhere in the sheets of my bed. When I found it, just reading the caller ID’s name made my heart’s pace race up. I picked up.

“Dan?” her voice rung out from the other end of the phone, I could tell she had been crying. “Yeah, I’m here Ronnie. What’s wrong?” I asked, a knot forming in my stomach. I hated to hear her cry. She burst out crying and went into her story, telling me that she broke up with Dom yesterday and when she went to his house today, so they could get back together, he was making out with a girl in his room. “I swear Dan, my heart hurts. I really thought he was the one…” She whispered, sadness thick in her voice. Again and again, after she broke up with guys she’d always tell me that he was ‘the one’ or that he was ‘special’. “Is there something wrong with me Dan? Do I just choose the dicks all the time?” She asked, not bothering with the fact that I hadn’t said anything yet. “No you don’t…” I said half heartedly. I think she accepted that answer since she just continued to babble on about some girl things. “Dan? Daaaaaaaaaaaan!” She whined cutely through the phone. “Yeah?” I answered chuckling. “I’ll call you tomorrow at 10, okay? Your such a great friend!” and with that she hung up. I was stuck in the friend zone, again and again.

I woke up that morning, starting to get ready for school, when my phone buzzed. I put on my shirt and looked at the text. I smiled as the familiar name popped up on my screen.

Ronnie: Heeeeeey Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :)

Me: Hey gurl heeeeeeeeeeey ;)

Ronnie: omfg never do that again Daniel. that is scary.

Me: haha ok ok so wasup?

Ronnie: you wanna ditch school today? i don’t wanna see Dom’s face at school

Me: sure, ill pick you up in 10

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t usually skip school, but if it’s for her, I’ll do anything. I pulled up into her driveway as she locked the door to her house. She ran down the steps and got into my car. “So, where to?” I asked driving away and down the street. “I don’t know… the mall?” she asked, turning the radio on. “Sure.” I smiled as we sang along to the songs that came onto the radio.

I think I cheered her up, but I could feel that she was still a bit off. I took my courage in my hands and said everything I’ve wanted to say to her for the past years. I had stopped the car in her driveway and I turned to look at her. “Ronnie, I’ve loved you for 3 years and I’m tired of you always going out with dicks I mean really? Dom? He’s a player! Everyone knows that! Why are you so blind.” The words just all came out at once. Tears filled up her eyes and instantly I felt bad. She got out of the car, and I knew it was just to avoid me continuing. “Ronnie! I’m not done!” I said getting out of the car as well, my temper starting to show. “Well what more do you want to add Dan? That I fuck everything up?” she yelled at me, tears falling from her eyes. “Every night, I wait for you to call me and each time you do it’s to talk about a guy that broke your heart and you know what? If I were that guy, I would never do anything like that to you because I actually care about you!” I yelled back, everything I ever thought unleashing itself. “I wish you could just see that I’m the cure to your heartbreak, I could take all the hurt those guys gave you and you’d never feel that way again. You don’t know how many times I’ve bit my tongue because I want to scream out that you could be with me but I know that you wouldn’t be ready. I always tell you what you want to hear and you don’t know how frustrating it is to tell the girl you love to go out with someone that treats her so bad while all you do is treat her well. It’s not fair!” She just looked at me dumbfounded, not knowing what to do. I was basically yelling out my feelings in her driveway with people taking their daily walks, or coming back from school. “I just… I love you and to me you’re so perfect and I find myself the need to put through your head that you should be with me instead.” I croak out the last bit, looking at the pavement. She says nothing and I know that I’ve ridiculed myself once again. I hear the clunk of her wooden front door closing and I know she ran away. I get into my car and drive away, from everything. I just broke our friendship… hell I killed it. I stopped the car and put my head on the steering wheel. Why? Why did I just do that?

I lay on the roof of my house, not moving since I had gotten back from Ronnie’s house. I wanted to die. After yelling out my feelings out to her, she basically threw them away and left. I guess I should move on… who am I kidding? I’ll never move on. “Dan?” A voice called out from my bedroom’s window making my heart stop as I recognized it. I sat up and saw Ronnie climbing out onto the roof. “What are you doing here?” I asked laying back down. “I love you.” My heart stopped at those three words. “You’re just saying that cause you feel bad…” I answered dully. “No Dan, I’m not. I’ve loved you since I met you but you never showed any signs of it so I just had to try to move on.” She said it all in one breath but I heard everything like she had taken her time. I sat up and looked at her. Gosh she was beautiful and to think she had just said what I’ve been waiting to hear… I got closer to where she was sitting and kissed her. I think she could feel it too, the feel of ragging fireworks, blowing all over the place. “Congratulations, you’ve just made it out of the friend zone.” Ronnie smiled at me.